Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Apr 16, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #4,921 of 6,090
  I just got some tenores and they do sound really good. Great seperation, clarity and mids. One problem...I need more bass.....do these open up a bit with some burn in? These are brand new out of the box.....so far loving them I just wish they had a bit more thump

Bass is there its just quite light.....for example my Monoprice head phones with the hole blocked off has more bass than these.....did I get a bass light pair because I hear people saying these are borderline too bassy of they have decent bass...I wouldnt say so....

Hi loki993, well for me I'm on the BASSOs because I don't feel that Tenores are bassy, and I've heard that loads but not sure why. I think on Tenores, it's adequate bass, present. But definitely no thump. Bassos work for me. Nothing with that clean, tight bass on that price range. Sorry to say but looks like you should have gotten Bassos/Doppios. 

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #4,922 of 6,090

Hi loki993, well for me I'm on the BASSOs because I don't feel that Tenores are bassy, and I've heard that loads but not sure why. I think on Tenores, it's adequate bass, present. But definitely no thump. Bassos work for me. Nothing with that clean, tight bass on that price range. Sorry to say but looks like you should have gotten Bassos/Doppios. 

My Tenores pound with plenty of thump using the Meelectronics double flange tips on the first page.  Bassos had too much bass for me and inferior mids.

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #4,923 of 6,090
Compared to other 'neutral' IEMs Tenores really do pack a punch. They even show nice creamy layer of sub bass which is pretty evident after about 80hr burn in.

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #4,925 of 6,090

Yeah well fortunately they're both relatively cheap. 

My Tenores pound with plenty of thump using the Meelectronics double flange tips on the first page.  Bassos had too much bass for me and inferior mids.

See this is what Ive seen some people say they're fine others..not enough..not sure if its peoples ears or production variations. Ive only tried 2 different tips..the stock mediums which were fine but a bit uncomfortable...and some ebay comply foamy knockoffs that don't really fit all the great but they are very comfortable and sound good. Still didn't help the bass a ton though. I can give the mee electronics a try....what about real comply foams? Which ones fit does anyone know? 

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #4,926 of 6,090
  I just got some tenores and they do sound really good. Great seperation, clarity and mids. One problem...I need more bass.....do these open up a bit with some burn in? These are brand new out of the box.....so far loving them I just wish they had a bit more thump

Maybe you could trade your Tenores with someone who's got a bass heavy pair and wants less bass?

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #4,929 of 6,090
Vocals on the tenore, how would they compare to the hifiman re-400, UE 600, and rockit sound r-50??

Really looking to get some great vocal iems for under $100

You can check IM50 for some great vocals. 
wink.gif
 My Tenore is on the way now. Probably will get it next week.  If you have time to make a decision I can give my initial impressions when I get them. 

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #4,930 of 6,090

Yeah well fortunately they're both relatively cheap. 

See this is what Ive seen some people say they're fine others..not enough..not sure if its peoples ears or production variations. Ive only tried 2 different tips..the stock mediums which were fine but a bit uncomfortable...and some ebay comply foamy knockoffs that don't really fit all the great but they are very comfortable and sound good. Still didn't help the bass a ton though. I can give the mee electronics a try....what about real comply foams? Which ones fit does anyone know? 

Well I think they're not named BASSo and TENORE for nothing. I have both, and after a month of burn-in, both are significantly different! Really depends on what music you're listening to as well..

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #4,931 of 6,090

You can check IM50 for some great vocals. 
wink.gif
 My Tenore is on the way now. Probably will get it next week.  If you have time to make a decision I can give my initial impressions when I get them. 

THIS.

I have IM50 and Tenore, I'm always prefer IM50 for vocal (listening some jazz and pop), or buy FAD Heaven II instead.

Apr 17, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #4,932 of 6,090

Well I think they're not named BASSo and TENORE for nothing. I have both, and after a month of burn-in, both are significantly different! Really depends on what music you're listening to as well..

I know but from what I read it seemed like the Tenore had less bass than the Basso but it was still adequate for most people and the tenore did more things better. IT seemed like the Tenore was the better all around performer and the basso was really for mostly hip hop and EDM. As least thats what I gathered from what I saw. 

Apr 17, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #4,933 of 6,090

I know but from what I read it seemed like the Tenore had less bass than the Basso but it was still adequate for most people and the tenore did more things better. IT seemed like the Tenore was the better all around performer and the basso was really for mostly hip hop and EDM. As least thats what I gathered from what I saw. 

The Tenore's are more balanced, which is more to my preference. Basso's are bass canons.... bit to much for me. Depends on your personal preference as to which one would be better.   

Apr 17, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #4,934 of 6,090
I'm definitely a basshead but I was looking for something a bit balanced. I think I will get the bassos eventually because you can never had too many right.....but Ill give the Ternore some time. I'm really liking them for rock though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back