Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jan 13, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #4,546 of 6,090
Jan 14, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #4,548 of 6,090
I can understand why Basso is easy to love. It sounds good out of the box. The sound is airy and spacious which is quite soothing to the ears especially when you just wake up in the morning or about to hit the sack.  The sound imaging is great too. Listening to Orchestra pieces with it is nice.

It is easy to drive and to tip roll. The bundled tips work just fine.

Personally I prefer ATH CKN70 though as I find CKN70 sounds cleaner and tighter and the bass punchier but again, that's just my personal preference. Basso is definitely a keeper for me. It is just that I won't rank it higher than CKN70 but of course one can argue that CKN70 costs more ($20 more?)

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #4,549 of 6,090
I can understand why Basso is easy to love. It sounds good out of the box. The sound is airy and spacious which is quite soothing to the ears especially when you just wake up in the morning or about to hit the sack.  The sound imaging is great too. Listening to Orchestra pieces with it is nice.

It is easy to drive and to tip roll. The bundled tips work just fine.

Personally I prefer ATH CKN70 though as I find CKN70 sounds cleaner and tighter and the bass punchier but again, that's just my personal preference. Basso is definitely a keeper for me. It is just that I won't rank it higher than CKN70 but of course one can argue that CKN70 costs more ($20 more?)

I'd love a comparison between the CKN70, EPH100s and Tenore. Been looking for that for ages.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #4,550 of 6,090
I'd love a comparison between the CKN70, EPH100s and Tenore. Been looking for that for ages.

I don't have EPH100 or  Tenore but you can see what people wrote here http://www.head-fi.org/t/637086/audio-technicas-take-on-the-microdriver-ath-ckn50-and-ckn70/255#post_11224689

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #4,551 of 6,090
Jan 16, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #4,552 of 6,090
Just got my hands on the Carbo Basso. Was deciding between the Tenore and the Basso, but opted for the latter owing to its slightly heavier bass presentation. First impressions are fantastic. For its asking price (~¥3,500), it is a wonderfully gifted IEM, and plays EDM very well. Love them! :)

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #4,553 of 6,090
Great purchase! That price sounds very tempting too

Is the bass more sub bass or mid bass focused?
And what is the isolation and leakage like on the bassos

Hope you continue to enjoy them! :)

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #4,554 of 6,090
  I had ordered mine from seller 'Akibashipping' on eBay. Very good japanese seller.
Tenores are widely available so take your pick.

thanks i was looking where to buy. but there are many tenore offerings. i don't think there could be any fakes of it could there?

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #4,555 of 6,090
Just got my hands on the Carbo Basso. Was deciding between the Tenore and the Basso, but opted for the latter owing to its slightly heavier bass presentation. First impressions are fantastic. For its asking price (~¥3,500), it is a wonderfully gifted IEM, and plays EDM very well. Love them! :)

Good news!

Yeah EDM is more suited to the bassos I think, because of more bass and fuller presentation. Tenore can sound a bit hollow and uninspiring tbh

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #4,556 of 6,090
Great purchase! That price sounds very tempting too

Is the bass more sub bass or mid bass focused?
And what is the isolation and leakage like on the bassos

Hope you continue to enjoy them! :)

There's a slight mid bass hump on the Bassos that give bass-heavy music a nice push. Sub-bass is also quite extended. The quantity boost is apparent when comparing between the already excellent Tenore and the Basso. Bass on both retain a punchy, well textured low end.

Isolation is pretty fantastic. I'm using the largest tips and it seals very well. My wife confirms that there is very little leakage (in the relatively silent environment of our hotel room), and they sound pretty quiet when she tried them on for herself.

All in all, this is a fantastic purchase. Sound is good, build quality is top notch and its price is practically a good bargain.

Good news!

Yeah EDM is more suited to the bassos I think, because of more bass and fuller presentation. Tenore can sound a bit hollow and uninspiring tbh

Yep. Agreed. The Tenore sounded a little lean in comparison to the Basso. Both have a good, smooth, lush sound, though.

Jan 18, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #4,557 of 6,090
Has Zero Audio fixed the issues with the Tenore (volume drop or cable issue) or it just depends on luck? I would really like to buy a pair of Tenore but I live in Europe and I will get them from ebay?

Sent from aifon

Jan 18, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #4,558 of 6,090
Has Zero Audio fixed the issues with the Tenore (volume drop or cable issue) or it just depends on luck? I would really like to buy a pair of Tenore but I live in Europe and I will get them from ebay?

Sent from aifon

You should be okay to be honest. Some people have had issues but there aren't too many.

Jan 18, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #4,559 of 6,090

Nobody here can say that with certainty, but even if it depends on luck, these potential issues are manageable.

Best prices I've seen are on Amazon US and some of these sellers ship worldwide.

There are lot's of Amazon marketplace sellers for these:

Tenore: link
Basso: link
Doppio: link

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #4,560 of 6,090
Nobody here can say that with certainty, but even if it depends on luck, these potential issues are manageable.

I agree except in the case of sound variation. A bass light or bass heavy Tenore isn't so easy to deal with. On the other hand channel imbalance continues to be absent on my previously afflicted Tenore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back