Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Dec 23, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #4,471 of 6,090
I think Zero Audio really do an amazing job on tuning their IEMs. All of them sound very natural to my ears.

Dec 23, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #4,472 of 6,090
  I think Zero Audio really do an amazing job on tuning their IEMs. All of them sound very natural to my ears.

Exactly. There are other low cost wonders around such as Havi and TTPODs. But no one has done a job like ZA did, which is tuning ALL of their product fantastically. Heck, even VSonic fails to achieve this.

I only own ZA Tenore (which is my favorite) , but from all the opinions I've read, none of ZA product disappoints. I believe in Japanese perfection haha. No doubt their new Duoza would be awesome.

Dec 23, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #4,473 of 6,090
After further listening and comparing between the tenore, 1964 V8, V6S and doppio, I can say:
1. Doppio has a very forward presentation, the sound is very enveloping and airy.
2. Doppio is easier to drive than tenore
3. Doppio sounds signature is identical to 1964 V6S and V8 which is amazing considering it is a 2 BAs vs 6+ BAs

Dec 25, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #4,475 of 6,090
Definitely get either of those if you love lush, intimate sound. Tenores are definitely keepers. Also, you may have both havi and tenore and still enjoy both. Their signatures are different and I guarantee you that no one makes other redundant.

I have both havi and tenores and I'm absolutely in love with the tenores. Still experimenting with Havi to get correct sound out of it.

Also I don't own bassos but from general opinion I've heard that basis sound similar to tenore with a little added low end. By the way tenore is no slouch in bass either, having excellent sub bass for majority of listeners.

Dec 25, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #4,476 of 6,090
Definitely get either of those if you love lush, intimate sound. Tenores are definitely keepers. Also, you may have both havi and tenore and still enjoy both. Their signatures are different and I guarantee you that no one makes other redundant.

I have both havi and tenores and I'm absolutely in love with the tenores. Still experimenting with Havi to get correct sound out of it.

Also I don't own bassos but from general opinion I've heard that basis sound similar to tenore with a little added low end. By the way tenore is no slouch in bass either, having excellent sub bass for majority of listeners.

Thanks.

Well, you will probably end up loving Havi more once your amp arrives and a right pair of tips is found. 
cool.gif

Just FYI, Sony hybrid (Large) tips work best for me on my Havi. 

Dec 25, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #4,477 of 6,090
Thanks.

Well, you will probably end up loving Havi more once your amp arrives and a right pair of tips is found. :cool:

Just FYI, Sony hybrid (Large) tips work best for me on my Havi. 

Yeah!! Will receive my amp tomorrow, its already in my local post office. Can't wait to try Havi with Amp. Oh I've tried large Sony Hybrids, those are great. Will try once more with amp. My havi currently sport med sony hybrids.

Dec 26, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #4,478 of 6,090
I got the tenores, running off a rockboxed clip+
Vocals are really damn good, I mean damn the Tenore part really holds true. Really nice for hip hop, doesn't sound tiring though this is still early impressions.
Everything else sounds fine too, not as much analytical crispness or treble like my FXD 80s, but less tiring as a result. Really good for people's voices it seems, I like it, pretty comfy too, using the smallest tips it came with.

Dec 26, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #4,479 of 6,090

Ok, I have ordered Basso from Japan through eBay . I like warm sound so I guess Basso would be a safer bet. We'll see. 

Dec 26, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #4,480 of 6,090
Vocals are really damn good, I mean damn the Tenore part really holds true. Really nice for hip hop, doesn't sound tiring though this is still early impressions.
Everything else sounds fine too, not as much analytical crispness or treble like my FXD 80s, but less tiring as a result. Really good for people's voices it seems, I like it, pretty comfy too, using the smallest tips it came with.

Give them more time, they will get so much better.

Dec 26, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #4,481 of 6,090

Ok, I have ordered Basso from Japan through eBay . I like warm sound so I guess Basso would be a safer bet. We'll see. 

Yay! Nice. Congrats : ) 
Let's see how you like bassos.

Which are your current IEMs btw?

Quote:

Tenores get much, much better after 40+ hrs, where the sub-bass starts to kick in. 100+ hr is pure pleasure : ) 
Enjoy and congrats on Tenore!

Dec 26, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #4,482 of 6,090
Yay! Nice. Congrats : ) 
Let's see how you like bassos.

Which are your current IEMs btw?

Thanks. My current IEMs are listed in my profile. The top favorites for now are IM70 and Havi B3 Pro I.  I use them alternately depending on the albums I listen to.

Dec 26, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #4,483 of 6,090
  Thanks. My current IEMs are listed in my profile. The top favorites for now are IM70 and Havi B3 Pro I.  I use them alternately depending on the albums I listen to.

Oh sorry I missed that.
Nice, both are great IEMs : )

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #4,485 of 6,090
  I'm trying to decide between these and the Soundmagic E10. 

Considering the DX210 are 49 Euro and the E10s are 39, which one would you recommend? What are the differences between them?

(Great thread, by the way!)

I have both and would definitely pick the Tenore. The e10 are great entry IEM with a warm, but overall unspectacular soundsig.

The Tenore have a more precise bass, lush mids and also relaxed treble. They sound more dynamic, natural and livelier in comparison. Easy choice I would say.

The Tenore needs some warm-up time though while the e10 does not..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back