Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Nov 14, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #4,366 of 6,090
channel imbalance on my tenore, crap..!!!
angry_face.gif

Nov 17, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #4,369 of 6,090
Still looking for the elusive upgrade to the Tenores. I have the money to upgrade so its just a case of finding something that will offer better sound and more premium build quality whilst being just as comfortable (Standard cylindrical / bullet sort of shape, nothing too large) and suit the music genres I listen to the most (Korean pop and piano music). Budget is up to $200.

Nov 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #4,370 of 6,090
Still looking for the elusive upgrade to the Tenores. I have the money to upgrade so its just a case of finding something that will offer better sound and more premium build quality whilst being just as comfortable (Standard cylindrical / bullet sort of shape, nothing too large) and suit the music genres I listen to the most (Korean pop and piano music). Budget is up to $200.

Rockets? Little less bass but more overall clarity imo. You might be able to get a used pair for $200. If I find a black and gold pair I'd actually sell you mine for less than $200.

Nov 17, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #4,372 of 6,090
Maybe 3-4dB or so less bass. Rockets bass falls in between the ER4S and the Tenore.  

Nov 21, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #4,373 of 6,090
Yeah, I guess the Rockets are ruled out since they don't suit the music I listen to much. It's gonna be difficult to find something to replace my Tenores that have the same sort of sound signature going on and suit the music I listen to (Korean/Japanese pop, EDM, piano music) but also are just as good in terms of comfort/weight but have better build quality.

Nov 21, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #4,374 of 6,090

Just buy 4 pairs of tenores :)

Nov 21, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #4,376 of 6,090
  Hahaha! Nah, I'd rather not end up with 4 broken pairs to be honest.

Well, you might get lucky with one pair and have it for years :)

I forget... did you check out the Altones?

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #4,377 of 6,090
Have ordered my Tenores and now those are dispatched from Japan!

I'll be comparing the Tenores with 
1. Sennheiser CX300 II Precision
2. Sony XB90EX
3. Klipsch Reference S4
All of which I do currently own.

I was so much confused over which one to order, Tenores or the Bassos... but considering that I already have Sony and Klipsch which offer decent bass response I am going for the Tenores, for now. May be Basso in future.

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #4,378 of 6,090
I think Carbo Doppios fit your bill? I've heard only good about them and also they offer much better build and some improvement over sound of Tenor and Basso. I've never tried those personally but just consider a suggestion from me.

I'll also be posting a comparison of tenores with the pairs I do own (Please see my previous post). That might also help you... 

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #4,379 of 6,090
Have ordered my Tenores and now those are dispatched from Japan!

I'll be comparing the Tenores with 
1. Sennheiser CX300 II Precision
2. Sony XB90EX
3. Klipsch Reference S4
All of which I do currently own.

I was so much confused over which one to order, Tenores or the Bassos... but considering that I already have Sony and Klipsch which offer decent bass response I am going for the Tenores, for now. May be Basso in future.

Good choice on the tenore. Just compared both tenore and basso through an AK240 on a few different high def tracks yesterday. The basso is definitely a tenore with enhanced bass - it's missing too much details to be engaging.

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #4,380 of 6,090
I actually think that the Tenore was the only FOTM headphone that lived up to the hype. I liked the soundstage way more than the havi b3, mid and treble were so smooth and yet detailed. Even the fit was the best I've ever experienced from any headphone, even customs. Too bad that I managed to break two pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back