Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 29, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #3,946 of 6,090

Not for me either, in fact I really like the bass and treble, but I the treble is slightly non linear and the upper mids dipped...

Stock, I don't like the bass and treble on the KC06. But...

M-Duo small triflanges makes the treble sound like the Tenore. Vent modding improves the bass. 

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #3,947 of 6,090

Not for me either, in fact I really like the bass and treble, but I the treble is slightly non linear and the upper mids dipped...

Stock, I don't like the bass and treble on the KC06. But...

M-Duo small triflanges makes the treble sound like the Tenore. Vent modding improves the bass. 

Kc06 for me has better and lower bass than a bassy tenore. The treble is also inline, only being very slighty less linear and with the dip.

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #3,948 of 6,090
same could be said about the VSonic GR07 BEs these days..... :ph34r:
900x900px-LL-a9508f08_8066a319-a201-4a8a-95a4-cd67f31ad11f.jpeg

Oh yes, you certainly did!

Pfff. Peasants know thy place!

Man my niece needs to hurry up with that reply to the KC06 request!

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #3,951 of 6,090
Pfff. Peasants know thy place!

Yes, and it isn't in the Altone200 thread lol!

Man my niece needs to hurry up with that reply to the KC06 request!

Yes, that would be good for you to hear them again! I'd like to know if your feelings on the kc06's bass will change or not. I certainly am happy with the bass coming out of the kc06's (with the tape/pinprick mod) even if it's not a match for the H200's bass. They are seriously enjoyable iems to me!

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #3,952 of 6,090
Hehehe, apparently it isn't for me either, go figure. :frowning2:

Aww man but them mid to high on the birds were quite nice indeed. No reply after 2 days means my niece must still love me right....
(;_; )* I can't stop the tears

Body numbing
Happiness level lowering
Face much sadering

Jul 29, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #3,953 of 6,090
Update on ongoing TTS experiment with cotton placed in the barrel of the Tenore: after over one hour of continuous listening there is still no channel imbalance and sound is still normal. Listening experiment was carried out at the gym for maximum condensation effect (although I don't sweat at the gym). Now back at home and sound has continued as normal.

This is definitely not normal for my Tenore.

Results could be one of two possibilities. First, I'm being more careful about the over-the-ear fit by making sure no part of the barrel is obstructed, especially the vent. Previously, a small part of the end of the barrel by the vent may have been barely touching my ear, partially blocking the vent. Second, the cotton could be absorbing extra condensation that would otherwise cling to the driver or foam on the back vent, something like James' previously stated theory.

It's hard to say which option is more likely. Could the imbalance have been caused this whole time by improper fit and just barely blocking the bass vent? It's possible.

Is anyone getting imbalance with a cable down configuration? Tbh I can't remember if I've been able to reproduce the problem cable down. Been too busy lately with real life lol.

Jul 29, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #3,954 of 6,090
Interesting. Are you going to leave the cotton in for more listening sessions? Maybe leave it in for a week or longer, to rule out those other possibilities. Then take it out and see how quickly it comes back. If it comes back, then try foam tips.

Did the cotton affect the highs at all? If it's moisture, I'd like to understand what the moisture is doing to the driver. James mentioned ClieOS bringing it up in relation to the MH1 but I don't recall him explaining how.

Anyway, good start!

Jul 29, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #3,955 of 6,090
Interesting. Are you going to leave the cotton in for more listening sessions? Maybe leave it in for a week or longer, to rule out those other possibilities. Then take it out and see how quickly it comes back. If it comes back, then try foam tips.

Did the cotton affect the highs at all? If it's moisture, I'd like to understand what the moisture is doing to the driver. James mentioned ClieOS bringing it up in relation to the MH1 but I don't recall him explaining how.

Anyway, good start!

Thanks for the input. Yeah I'll leave the cotton in for a while. Still listening and sound is still normal. Hmm. I'll take your advice and change it back after a week and try this same fit. If there is still no channel imbalance we'll know it was the fit. If there is channel imbalance then we'll know it was condensation.

Surprisingly I haven't noticed any changes in the highs. I'm not using the mesh filters. Things sound very clear and defined even with long listening sessions. Same small complaints about attack and decay still apply. FR is glorious.

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #3,957 of 6,090
So I thought I would come in and ask a couple questions. I'm about to replace my Monster Turbine headphones and I'm looking for a new replacement headphone and I discovered this little wonder..

Now my question is..is the hype train still here or did it leave the station? Are these some headphones I should really consider buying or not?

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #3,958 of 6,090
So I thought I would come in and ask a couple questions. I'm about to replace my Monster Turbine headphones and I'm looking for a new replacement headphone and I discovered this little wonder..

Now my question is..is the hype train still here or did it leave the station? Are these some headphones I should really consider buying or not?

The odds of you getting a good pair that never develops issues is pretty low. Sound can be very very good though.

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #3,959 of 6,090
Yikes....there had to
The odds of you getting a good pair that never develops issues is pretty low. Sound can be very very good though.

Yikes...there just had to be a catch huh...? 

What are some problems? Should I start looking at different IEM's at this point because of this flaw? Maybe just get a squaretrade warrenty to offset the problems?

maybe I should point out that I plan to get the DX210 Basso's and not the tenores..

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #3,960 of 6,090
Hi, I'm currently in search for a comfy iem that can replace my broken vsd1s. I was ready to buy the ostry kc06a but the seller I found suddenly said that it was out of stuck and will restock next month. I was waiting, reading reviews and all then suddenly this came under my radar. I listen mostly to my chem, blink 182, coldplay, yellowcard, nujabes, and some edm's and dnb's. Which would satisfy my taste, tenore or basso? Can you sleep with it sideways?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back