Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 16, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #3,646 of 6,090
I'd agree, it's unfortunately a lottery. When I say reference, it still has more bass than straight up diffuse field targets. In iems I think about a 3 to 4 db lift over flat diffuse field sounds correct. I suppose this is a little more inline with Harman's recent findings and I know many speaker builders have gone for a slightly downward sloping reference target for years too.

Anyway, thought I'd share the Tenore listening rig today.

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #3,647 of 6,090
I'd agree, it's unfortunately a lottery. When I say reference, it still has more bass than straight up diffuse field targets. In iems I think about a 3 to 4 db lift over flat diffuse field sounds correct. I suppose this is a little more inline with Harman's recent findings and I know many speaker builders have gone for a slightly downward sloping reference target for years too.

Anyway, thought I'd share the Tenore listening rig today.

I agree and holy crap is that the 240?

Jul 16, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #3,649 of 6,090
Love it. $2500 dap + $50 earphone. This is the state of audio today gentlemen.

Sgs have you posted any comparisons between the Tenore and UERM? I think some members would be quite interested in your perspective, myself included, although I remember you've offered some relevant info via pm already.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #3,650 of 6,090
Love it. $2500 dap + $50 earphone. This is the state of audio today gentlemen.

Sgs have you posted any comparisons between the Tenore and UERM? I think some members would be quite interested in your perspective, myself included, although I remember you've offered some relevant info via pm already.

Not yet but I'll try to do some comparisons this weekend. The UERM/AK240 balanced sounds pretty darn good.

Jul 16, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #3,651 of 6,090
Yes. Please. This uerm sounds mighty amazing. I agree with all that stuff you said. I found the re400 to sound excellent, but with more uneven treble. I would say right now for me it is reference tenore >> kc06 >> re400, with the er4s still in there somewhere. The kc06 with eq is very impressive. But this uerm almost sounds like a mix if all the things i like about all of these... Do they ever have 50% off sales? Lmao

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #3,652 of 6,090

Another reference pair huh? I frankly don't think such a thing even exists, i had 4 different pairs on my hands and all four of them had differences in bass. Even the two closest sounding pairs had a 2-3db difference in some regions. I am pretty sure it's just a lottery where you win when you end up with the least bass lifted pair 
wink.gif

I guess I won the lottery then, because I'm kinda wanting a bit more bass from my replacements lol!

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #3,654 of 6,090
^ Wayne why haven't you bought the vsd3s yet:wink:

Oh, is the vsd3 hype still a go? I'll have to get caught up in the thread. But aren't the vsd5's out soon, ready to snuff out any vsd3 hype?

Anyway, I've been happily enjoying my tenores, kc06's and cks1000's lately (and rocking to the mikros 90's at the moment thank you!).

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #3,656 of 6,090
I guess I won the lottery then, because I'm kinda wanting a bit more bass from my replacements lol!

Try silicon tips with larger bore holes such as TF10 or Senn. This should boost bass.

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #3,658 of 6,090
Glad to hear the good reports from Amazon Japan!  Until someone reports a bad pair from Amazon Japan, buy from them (via forwarding service if you're outside of Japan).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back