Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 15, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #3,633 of 6,090
Driver flex with the basso? Uh oh. I'm sensitive to driver flex. This might delete the Basso off my list. Got rid of my Tenore, and my Doppio will be here tomorrow! I'm so effin excited about those. Hoping they are by end game IEM?

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #3,639 of 6,090
^
Anyone tried the RHA MA350 tips on them???
ph34r.gif

Bore/ fit/ musical PERFECTION.
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #3,642 of 6,090
Can anyone clearly and concisely compare the tenore and doppio? Primarily detailed frequency analysis?

It's been a while since I owned the doppio but it has less extension on both ends and rolls off much sooner than the Tenore. While otherwise sounding fairly flat, it also has a dip somewhere in the upper mid (don't remember where) that makes it too smooth sounding. Distortion guitars lack proper bite and attack. Guitar driven rock was pretty boring as a result but vocals sounded pretty nice.

The F111 and RE400 are both more linear and accurate IMO and I know you've spend time with both if those. I'd take the KC06 over it, for FR, as well.

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #3,643 of 6,090
It's been a while since I owned the doppio but it has less extension on both ends and rolls off much sooner than the Tenore. While otherwise sounding fairly flat, it also has a dip somewhere in the upper mid (don't remember where) that makes it too smooth sounding. Distortion guitars lack proper bite and attack. Guitar driven rock was pretty boring as a result but vocals sounded pretty nice.

The F111 and RE400 are both more linear and accurate IMO and I know you've spend time with both if those. I'd take the KC06 over it, for FR, as well.

Thanks for the comparison! The dip in the upper mids region sounds like a bad idea especially considering that the Tenores have their only peak there and that they sound better for it.

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #3,644 of 6,090

Thanks for the comparison! The dip in the upper mids region sounds like a bad idea especially considering that the Tenores have their only peak there and that they sound better for it.

It's not bad, actually fairly pleasing but if you are looking for accuracy and linearity, then I wouldn't recommend it; there are better options.

I'm not sure if I have mentioned on here but I did score a 'reference' Tenore a little while back. Today I was comparing with the balanced version of the RE400 and found the technical performance quite close to the reference Tenore.

I thought the Tenore sound a hair, and I mean just a hair bassier due to the flat extension but not due to any kind of boost, like on my bassier Tenore. Biggest difference was in treble, where the RE400b is more uneven in treble presentation. It's sounds a little brighter and slightly grainier/splashier when directly compared to the Tenore.

I'll have to spend more time with it but I really like both, I use ortofon silicone tips on the RE400b and can get a pretty comfortable, yet deep fit to even out the treble a little. The Tenore's staging was able to sound as spacious and as deep as the balanced run Hifiman.

All in all my current favorite iems are: UERM > Tenroe > RE400b > F111

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #3,645 of 6,090
It's not bad, actually fairly pleasing but if you are looking for accuracy and linearity, then I wouldn't recommend it; there are better options.

I'm not sure if I have mentioned on here but I did score a 'reference' Tenore a little while back. Today I was comparing with the balanced version of the RE400 and found the technical performance quite close to the reference Tenore.

I thought the Tenore sound a hair, and I mean just a hair bassier due to the flat extension but not due to any kind of boost, like on my bassier Tenore. Biggest difference was in treble, where the RE400b is more uneven in treble presentation. It's sounds a little brighter and slightly grainier/splashier when directly compared to the Tenore.

I'll have to spend more time with it but I really like both, I use ortofon silicone tips on the RE400b and can get a pretty comfortable, yet deep fit to even out the treble a little. The Tenore's staging was able to sound as spacious and as deep as the balanced run Hifiman.

All in all my current favorite iems are: UERM > Tenroe > RE400b > F111

Another reference pair huh? I frankly don't think such a thing even exists, i had 4 different pairs on my hands and all four of them had differences in bass. Even the two closest sounding pairs had a 2-3db difference in some regions. I am pretty sure it's just a lottery where you win when you end up with the least bass lifted pair 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back