Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 15, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #3,616 of 6,090
Welp. Maybe the AS Rockets will be your savior Gnarl
Dale: ROCKETS are designed to work well with just a smartphone. They are not meant to be loud and obnoxious but reserved and accurate sounding. That being said I use the Lehmann audio studio cube at my desk with a violectric DAC. That combination for me is amazing. Portable amps, Fiio is pretty good for the money but you really got a lot of choices and every one has a slightly different sound. Long story short an amp is not needed but will drive them harder and more accurate as with any IEM

I can't wait for SGS' cred to face trial by fire
biggrin.gif

SGS was the person who recommended them in the first place and put his stamp of approval on em, hence the "trial by fire" comment
wink.gif
He stopped by AS and got to hear a prototype

Oh boy, why do I feel set up?!?
eek.gif
  In all seriousness, I only had about 15 minutes with them but I did come away impressed.  I instantly thought it the best Aurisonics tuned product to date and also though it better than the Senn IE800.  In that very short audition, the only real take aways I can say with confidence is that it was indeed very good but I'd need extensive time with them to see what, if any, issues come up over the long haul.  Most of that audition was done on Dale's Violectric stack, which was an excellent pairing.  Many iems can impress early but little problems begin to show up after a few days or weeks of ownership.  But I remember them being smooth and unoffensive, yet detailed at the same time.  Fingers crossed for a fairly linear response!

Sounds like delivery will start very soon; here's to hoping it matches and/or surpasses the Tenore SQ with vastly superior build and QC.

Mine are gone. Sold them today. The TTS was simply too annoying to continue to overlook. Plus my Doppio just showed up in LA, so I should have them in my ears no sooner than Wednesday?

You sold a defective product to someone else?

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #3,617 of 6,090
Oh boy, why do I feel set up?!? :eek:   In all seriousness, I only had about 15 minutes with them but I did come away impressed.  I instantly thought it the best Aurisonics tuned product to date and also though it better than the Senn IE800.  In that very short audition, the only real take aways I can say with confidence is that it was indeed very good but I'd need extensive time with them to see what, if any, issues come up over the long haul.  Most of that audition was done on Dale's Violectric stack, which was an excellent pairing.  Many iems can impress early but little problems begin to show up after a few days or weeks of ownership.  But I remember them being smooth and unoffensive, yet detailed at the same time.  Fingers crossed for a fairly linear response!

Sounds like delivery will start very soon; here's to hoping it matches and/or surpasses the Tenore SQ with vastly superior build and QC.

You sold a defective product to someone else?

Maybe, just maybe it will work properly for them. Seems I've read quite a few others do the same. With Zero Audio, you never know?

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #3,618 of 6,090
Wait so what exactly is the defect with these products? Ppl keep saying tts, sorry for being a noob, what does that mean?

Do these problems crop up really frequently? And are they relatively easy to solve? does the problem render them completely unusable(and i mean does the problem make it so you will never be able to hear their best sound?)

are these headphones worth the risk, do you guys think?

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #3,620 of 6,090
Depends on if you feel intermittent volume drop or L/R imbalance is something you can deal with or is worth the risk? It finally got to me, because they sound enchanting nonetheless, and it was frustrating for me to be listening to a high quality album, only to have to interrupt it by turning it off and waiting for the driver to reset, to be able to get decent volume or balanced sound delivery. What is your tolerance to listen to the lush and detailed sound of the Tenore?

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #3,621 of 6,090
Jul 15, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #3,622 of 6,090
Depends on if you feel intermittent volume drop or L/R imbalance is something you can deal with or is worth the risk? It finally got to me, because they sound enchanting nonetheless, and it was frustrating for me to be listening to a high quality album, only to have to interrupt it by turning it off and waiting for the driver to reset, to be able to get decent volume or balanced sound delivery. What is your tolerance to listen to the lush and detailed sound of the Tenore?

how often do these problems occur? and how long do you have to wait for them to reset?

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #3,623 of 6,090

If it happened on that pair and you didn't tell them, then you sold them a defective product. If you told the buyer about it though and they still bought them, then that's fine.

Jul 15, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #3,624 of 6,090
Has anyone who bought from Amazon Japan received a defective pair?  If not, someone might want to give them a try.  You can use Tenso, White Rabbit Express, or buysmartjapan.com

I bought mine used in June 2013 and haven't experienced any issues yet; I wonder whether mine was from Amazon Japan or not.

Jul 15, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #3,625 of 6,090
Has anyone else bought the Singolo?

Jul 15, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #3,627 of 6,090
Has anyone who bought from Amazon Japan received a defective pair?  If not, someone might want to give them a try.  You can use Tenso, White Rabbit Express, or buysmartjapan.com

I bought mine used in June 2013 and haven't experienced any issues yet; I wonder whether mine was from Amazon Japan or not.

Bought mine from Amazon Japan too around May and it's working perfectly. Though from the sound of it, it is far from the reference sound signature some of the guys have here.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Jul 15, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #3,628 of 6,090
  Oh boy, why do I feel set up?!?
eek.gif
  In all seriousness, I only had about 15 minutes with them but I did come away impressed.  I instantly thought it the best Aurisonics tuned product to date and also though it better than the Senn IE800.  In that very short audition, the only real take aways I can say with confidence is that it was indeed very good but I'd need extensive time with them to see what, if any, issues come up over the long haul.  Most of that audition was done on Dale's Violectric stack, which was an excellent pairing.  Many iems can impress early but little problems begin to show up after a few days or weeks of ownership.  But I remember them being smooth and unoffensive, yet detailed at the same time.  Fingers crossed for a fairly linear response!

If the rockets sound like a Tenore with better transients and a proper sub bass roll off i will glue them to my ears. They will probably last more than me judging by the materials used to make them.

Jul 15, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #3,630 of 6,090
Oh boy, why do I feel set up?!? :eek:  

Hahaha, just messin with ya man. I think with Dale overtly stating "flat, accurate, don't expect booming bass, reserved, et. al", and making references to them scaling with better gear, he's not mincing words and has a totally different demographic in mind for Rockets. He might've even gone ahead and flattened the response further from the more midcentric sig you've heard after collecting feedback from tradeshows. We'll know soon enough. Enough of Rockets tho, and back to Tenore speak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back