Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 21, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #1,773 of 6,090
Luisdent if mine don't sound quite right you'll be getting something in the mail :p

Sweet, another free set? :wink: :wink: hehehe But seriously, I'd compare them if you're willing to ship them to me and think there is a problem, but you doin' the shipping. :p

May 21, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #1,774 of 6,090

This is really just not right. They're like the smallest things in the world, yet they both sound amazing together. You can literally take reference quality sound in the palm of your hand. Imagine if we could go back to even the 1970s and show someone this?

May 21, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #1,775 of 6,090

This is really just not right. They're like the smallest things in the world, yet they both sound amazing together. You can literally take reference quality sound in the palm of your hand. Imagine if we could go back to even the 1970s and show someone this?

You don't need to go back that far. How about 4 years ago?

May 21, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #1,776 of 6,090

I would love for someone to make a convincing, science-based argument about why the Clip is any worse as a source/amp than the $1000 portable sources all of you non-scientists own. 

*Hint: you can't. 

May 21, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #1,777 of 6,090

I know! My clip zip is getting rather tattered and beaten from usage (biking, kayaking, sleeping), and I'm always pretty amazed at how good it sounds and how functional it is for a $40 investment (especially when roxboxed). I'm pretty sure I'll be buying another one when it dies!

Btw, your BT "This Binary Univers" youtube link got me hooked. I'm now listening to all of the tracks here, and they are awesome:

May 21, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #1,778 of 6,090

I know! My clip zip is getting rather tattered and beaten from usage (biking, kayaking, sleeping), and I'm always pretty amazed at how good it sounds and how functional it is for a $40 investment (especially when roxboxed). I'm pretty sure I'll be buying another one when it dies!

Btw, your BT "This Binary Univers" youtube link got me hooked. I'm now listening to all of the tracks here, and they are awesome:

Gave my zip to my dad and my Clip + to my daughters.  Maybe I'll pick up another when my Tenore comes.  Thanks for posting the picture, luis.  They look really good together!

May 21, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #1,779 of 6,090

Yeah, that album is a masterpiece. Love it.

For what it's worth, I'm listening to an mh1 I just received to recable, and it really is impressive. Even stock, at the right depth and whatnot it is easily in the top few earphones in my opinion. It has a meatier sound and is a bit more relaxing in a way, but the tenore has the more open, realistic depth to it from the flat response. In any case, definitely a worthy contender. I find that using the mh1 in public is superb. The bass boost ends up sounding neutral because of the masking effect of the ambient sounds. So it's almost the most reference earphone I've heard when listening out and about. Haven't tried the tenore in public yet.

May 21, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #1,780 of 6,090
After ten days they unearthed my tenore....
At least now I know I hv a chance to listen to it :p

May 21, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #1,782 of 6,090
  Is this a joke? After all that HYPE? :D

That is what a master of the hype does -- he hypes and then he moves on to hype something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back