Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 15, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #1,413 of 6,090
These poop on everything out there. I think they might be perfect.

The only flaw is that there is no easy way to tell left from right in the dark. I hate that.

You should have told me this before I pulled the trigger.  Now what will I do in the dark?  
basshead.gif

Let's get this hype train going, somebody come in here and say, these are the best iems ever dog..  It beats everything in headfi dog..  

May 15, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #1,418 of 6,090
I truly, honestly believe these are the best iems ever. Period. I've heard a lot of them. From $10 to $1200. I'd take these over every one without hesitation.

Everything i ever do with eq has brought other iems closer to this. These have reference neutrality in my opinion. These are comfortable, sound unbelievable and did i mention they sound unbelievable?

But without being able to tell which channel is which in the dark, i think i'm going to return them all.

But seriously, i'm going to get so much crap for saying this, but i might even sell my er4s.

These are every bit as good to me with better bass and extended treble. And so much more comfortable and convenient and easily powered. *ducks from the impending stoning*

May 15, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #1,419 of 6,090
I just tie a knot on the left side to distinguish between them, as yes, it's pretty annoying to glance at the tiny housing to differentiate. Looks like Unity sent em back, so it'll be interesting to revisit the ol' Tenore

May 15, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #1,421 of 6,090
Everyone has differing tastes and opinions, but mine is that these are perfect. I mean damn. I can't believe what i'm hearing.

I'm on stage two of the coping process. Stage one was amazement, stage two is shock and disbelief. :p i think stage three might be crying. Haha

May 16, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #1,423 of 6,090
I think I need to order some new tips for these Tenores, because for the life of me I cannot get these to sound anywhere near the KC06, and some people have *preferred* the Tenores over the Ostriches.  I need some help -- what do you guys suggest at a reasonable price?

Here's what I've tried:
Monster Gratitude tips -- the Tenore bore is too short, these won't work.
Sony Hybrid -- produced best result so far, but lacks the sparkle that has been described for mids/highs
Stock tips -- a close second behind Hybrids
Pistons, Narmoo, Deltas -- all have wide bore, won't fit
Heir tips from lunashops -- make the Tenores sound awful

I've owned the Meelec Double flanged, which I used for my Monster Gratitudes before they and the tips were stolen.  They were good, but they were a tiny bit too large for my ears. 

May 16, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #1,425 of 6,090
I find the hybrids best for the sparkle energetic treble out of my little tips colection. They are the most transparent tips that bring the best clarity out of my tenores in all frequencies. The bass is tight and extend very low, very detailed with great texture and the mids are more forward and intimate. It still retain that airy sound with good placements of instruments and nothing get lost or sound congested, still good soundstage.
The double flanges (I have m6's and vsonic's) are best for the soundstage. Huge 3D soundstage, but to my ears everything sound a bit distant, less energetic and not so detailed like my hybrids.
We all have different ears so ymmv. Like I said before few times, even the tenores sound outstanding out of the box they do change with burn in. First 100 hours or so I used stock tips, they sounded best for me. Hybrids made the music sound very weird like the instruments weren't in harmony and timings were wrong, don't know how to explain. At some point in time that thing changed and now I love them on tenores, everything sound perfect for my ears.

I still have mh1, mh650 and heir tips from lunashop on their way, but I dont expect any more miracles, the tenores are a miracle already. For me the best tips will be the child of double flanges and hybrids love, that huge soundstage with best clarity and lil bigger and punchy bass.
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back