Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jun 4, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #121 of 6,090
Gee, wish I'd thought of that!!!
smile_phones.gif

Was just listening to the Tenores a short while ago, using the EarPortz (holding them in with my thumbs to keep the seal, LOL), Aimee Mann's "Lost In Space" (she's one of my 2 obsessions for a while now, the other being Fountains Of Wayne). The sound is really great-still wide, bass tight, strong (though my AT's bass is stronger), lots of detail. I had criticized then as having slightly "washed out" tonal coloring on my initial listening-I still hear a trace of this, though it is mostly gone (I seem to be alone in this perception...but with more playing time and tip rolling, it's almost gone). Like I said, don't know if the next size up on these tips will work for me-they're much harder than most of the tips I have, with a very odd shape-but I'll give it a try. Take a while to send back and get replacements, though.

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #122 of 6,090
Yeah, tried double, triple, none works consistently but I;m more lileky to get a fit with the multiflanged ones, though sometimes a round one will work. Tried gels, foams, Monsters, Westone's own new tips, Meelectronics, probably many I haven't tried but got a really large bag I go through when I'm looking for a fit.

Have you tried upsizing for the other ear? Ex medium in one ear and large on the other... With let's say comply ts400? Do you have the Sony hybrid noise isolating tips - the ones with foam inside for tighter fit? I find them really large...

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #123 of 6,090
^ That man's full of good ideas!

Jun 5, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #124 of 6,090
Quote:
^ That man's full of good ideas!

Ideas that are based on common sense? 
size]

On another note, got good report on the Brainwavz double flanges. With the Tenore's they smooth the high's out and round the bass off. However, it does get a bit more loose comparing to the Sony hybrids.

Gonna order Philips SHE3590 soon to try those tips on the Tenores.

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #125 of 6,090
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, tried double, triple, none works consistently but I;m more lileky to get a fit with the multiflanged ones, though sometimes a round one will work. Tried gels, foams, Monsters, Westone's own new tips, Meelectronics, probably many I haven't tried but got a really large bag I go through when I'm looking for a fit.

Have you tried upsizing for the other ear? Ex medium in one ear and large on the other... With let's say comply ts400? Do you have the Sony hybrid noise isolating tips - the ones with foam inside for tighter fit? I find them really large...

Yeah, I've thought of different sizes for each ear, always seemed to weird...on the other hand, sitting and doing in depth analysis on double flange vs round vs gel etc is already most of the way there, so I might as well...

Jun 5, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #126 of 6,090
Quote:

Ideas that are based on common sense? 
size]

On another note, got good report on the Brainwavz double flanges. With the Tenore's they smooth the high's out and round the bass off. However, it does get a bit more loose comparing to the Sony hybrids.

Gonna order JVC SHE3590 soon to try those tips on the Tenores.

philips not jvc 
wink_face.gif

Jun 5, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #127 of 6,090
philips not jvc 
wink_face.gif

Yeh that's the one mate lol, never bought Philips IEMs so never really think of that name.

Btw, using the MEElec double flanges on my Tenores. Makes them sound more smooth and engaging for sure.

Jun 6, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #129 of 6,090
I'm just waiting for someone to get both so they can compare them.. if that will ever happen lmao

Been talking @wayne into getting the Tenores but he wont budge :rolleyes::p

Btw, pic of the day for you guys!

I love these tiny things! :D

Jun 6, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #131 of 6,090
Quote:
Been talking @wayne into getting the Tenores but he wont budge
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Btw, pic of the day for you guys!

I love these tiny things!
biggrin.gif

Got to get a few things sorted out first, but seeing your pics spammed about is certainly increasing the lust-factor lol!

Btw, which tips are those?

Jun 6, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #132 of 6,090
Jun 6, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #133 of 6,090
I ended up ordering the Tenore's last night and the CKS77X too.  

Legend!! :D

Patiently waiting on a Basso vs Tenore grudge match. :wink:

Got to get a few things sorted out first, but seeing your pics spammed about is certainly increasing the lust-factor lol!

Btw, which tips are those?

Haha, I'll grind you down eventually. :p

Those are the Brainwavz double-flanges btw, best tips so far for me. Sony Hybrids come in 2nd place.

Jun 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #134 of 6,090
Quote:
Legend!!
biggrin.gif

Patiently waiting on a Basso vs Tenore grudge match.
wink.gif

Haha, I'll grind you down eventually.
tongue.gif

Those are the Brainwavz double-flanges btw, best tips so far for me. Sony Hybrids come in 2nd place.

You will! And those are also the same tips I'm using on the Basso's. Great minds...

Jun 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #135 of 6,090
You will! And those are also the same tips I'm using on the Basso's. Great minds...

Haha, sounds like you're on the edge of giving in lol

Yeah those tips are wicked for the Tenores, bring out the bass and mids while the highs are smoothed out. Perfect sig for me.

Even though I only have like 20 hours on the Tenores so far. :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back