Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 30, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #91 of 6,090
^ I'm pretty sure DannyBai won't be able to resist!

Did you point me to this?
http://soundcloud.com/john00fleming/sets/global-trance-grooves-10-year

Wow.

Edit: actually, I meant this one (but the above one is probably awesome as well!):
https://soundcloud.com/john00fleming/john-00-fleming-global-18

May 30, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #92 of 6,090
May 30, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #93 of 6,090
Jun 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #94 of 6,090
If anyone is unsure about ordering the Carbo Bassos, let me know if you want to know what any particular song sounds like and I'll give it a listen. I'm absolutely loving mine. 

Jun 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #96 of 6,090
Thanks - I will be checking that out for sure!

Bty, I posted the wrong mix... I meant this one:
https://soundcloud.com/john00fleming/john-00-fleming-global-18

Ah yeah that's a good mix too.

00.db - Heaven and Hell is awesome as well.

Also everyone should listen to CERN - The Message (Northern Mix) on their Bassos and Tenores.

Btw, I'm using medium Sony hybrid tips on my Tenores. Sound is slightly more balanced... Ie, more relaxed highs and rounded lows. However, I'm still considering getting some SHE3590 tips as well. Think they would be as good on improving sound signature on Tenores as they have done on the CKN70.

Jun 3, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #97 of 6,090
Quote:
Ah yeah that's a good mix too.

00.db - Heaven and Hell is awesome as well.

Also everyone should listen to CERN - The Message (Northern Mix) on their Bassos and Tenores.

Btw, I'm using medium Sony hybrid tips on my Tenores. Sound is slightly more balanced... Ie, more relaxed highs and rounded lows. However, I'm still considering getting some SHE3590 tips as well. Think they would be as good on improving sound signature on Tenores as they have done on the CKN70.

Thanks - I'll check those out!

I am using my brainwavz R1's double flanged tips on the Bassos. I recall having some issues keeping the Basso's in my ears, and the R1 tips solved that (and sound great).

Jun 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #98 of 6,090
Thanks - I'll check those out!

I am using my brainwavz R1's double flanged tips on the Bassos. I recall having some issues keeping the Basso's in my ears, and the R1 tips solved that (and sound great).

Ah yeah that's what I had with the SoundMAGIC E10, Brainwavz double flanges sorted the problem out for me there too.

Might just try them on the Tenores to see what they would sound like. Although the Sony tips stay in my ears just fine.

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #99 of 6,090
When I first got my Bassos, I switched immediately to the Meelec double flange tips and they were great in keeping the seal. After that, I started tip rolling and ended up liking the medium stock tips for tighter bass and occasionally the Philips 3580/90 medium tips for better clarity/highs but sacrificing a bit with a loose bass end.

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #101 of 6,090
Basso's have been my goto iem since I bought them.  Love these earphones.  Stock tips work great but I've been using Sony Hybrids for better comfort.  

Wow that's great to hear mate. They seem to be on top of the listening timetable for everybody who owns them at the moment.

So much so that I might have to get them to to compliment the Tenore's.

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #102 of 6,090
Quote:
Wow that's great to hear mate. They seem to be on top of the listening timetable for everybody who owns them at the moment.

So much so that I might have to get them to to compliment the Tenore's.

Yes. Getting an endorsement like that from Danny ain't gonna to help your resistance efforts one little bit lol!

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #103 of 6,090
Yes. Getting an endorsement like that from Danny ain't gonna to help your resistance efforts one little bit lol!

I know mate, my resistance levels are dropping at an extremely accelerated rate lol

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #104 of 6,090
I'm really tempted to get the Tenore's.  Basso's are so good that I bet the Tenore's are equal.  Anyone have both yet?  

Just got the VSD1's today also.  Sound very good and it has big bass.  More mid bass over the Basso's lovely sub bass.  Definitely not as refined sounding as the Basso's but we'll see what burn in does for them.  

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #105 of 6,090
Quote:
I'm really tempted to get the Tenore's.  Basso's are so good that I bet the Tenore's are equal.  Anyone have both yet?  

You will be the first! And like a lemming, I'll probaby be the 2nd lol.

How much do you love your Tenores @Lifted? C'mon, push us over the edge!

Quote:
Just got the VSD1's today also.  Sound very good and it has big bass.  More mid bass over the Basso's lovely sub bass.  Definitely not as refined sounding as the Basso's but we'll see what burn in does for them.  

They seem fairly tip dependent. I threw on the blue hybrid tips (without foam) from the gr08be's, and the bass seemed to tighten up very nicely. Possibly the sony hybrids would have the same effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back