Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Dec 20, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #5,506 of 6,090
Neutral bass  with clear mids and highs with a little treble extension is good enough for me. I hope that re 400 fits that description

Puros....those Re's are $80 on Amazon. Idk what price you are paying but for the $45-60 online the Puro I believe have what you want.

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #5,507 of 6,090
Puros....those Re's are $80 on Amazon. Idk what price you are paying but for the $45-60 online the Puro I believe have what you want.

What is the full name of the model your are talking about. I am little put of from hifiman becouse I red terrible reviews on amazon about build quality

btw i am paying that price only in euros

Dec 20, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #5,509 of 6,090
What is the full name of the model your are talking about. I am little put of from hifiman becouse I red terrible reviews on amazon about build quality

btw i am paying that price only in euros

Purosound IEM500

If you are in the US and have Prime. Puro Sound Labs IEM500 Studio Grade In-Ear Monitors with Dual Dynamic Drivers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XO47YKI/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_CwXDwbANYJTKK

Or use shop divvy for cheaper price but slower shipping http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=311362867142&alt=web

Note they are power hungry. They sound amazing when fed though

Dec 20, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #5,510 of 6,090
Purosound IEM500

If you are in the US and have Prime. Puro Sound Labs IEM500 Studio Grade In-Ear Monitors with Dual Dynamic Drivers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XO47YKI/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_CwXDwbANYJTKK

Or use shop divvy for cheaper price but slower shipping http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=311362867142&alt=web

Note they are power hungry. They sound amazing when fed though

cool.gif
How did I KNOW that you would come to this conclusion?
biggrin.gif
Wait until you hear how BOTTOMLESS the Bass becomes after a couple Hundred hours on them. That 20HZ spec. figure is WAY CONSERVATIVE.

I don't do "I told you so's"  BUT.....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 20, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #5,511 of 6,090
:cool: How did I KNOW that you would come to this conclusion? :D Wait until you hear how BOTTOMLESS the Bass becomes after a couple Hundred hours on them. That 20HZ spec. figure is WAY CONSERVATIVE.

I don't do "I told you so's"  BUT.....

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Yeah usually my max with the E80 and Tenores on my E07K is 35, on these my bottom is about 38. Some songs I can keep pumping past 40 and it's loud and clear and tolerable.

Listened for both of those also quickly today and wow they sound congested compared to these.

Dec 20, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #5,512 of 6,090
Looking forward to your impressions, 

EDIT: Well my Puro's were sitting at the hub, went down and grabbed them myself instead of waiting til Monday. Initial listen was "meh, where's the bass and liveliness", switched to the "ML" tips "oh yeah there we go, holy crap these sound fantastic". Only listened to about 10 min so far, playing video games now so will burn in then listen later. 

Initial impressions, def better than the Tenores considering the $45 (I paid $60) price difference, though they do retail for $110 so they should be better

Just ordered the Puro from Amazon for $60+ tax.
What are those ML tips you are referring to?

Dec 20, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #5,513 of 6,090
Just ordered the Puro from Amazon for $60+ tax.
What are those ML tips you are referring to?

Guessing you have Prime?

It's the next size up in tips from the one that comes on it. It's a Medium Large size

Dec 20, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #5,515 of 6,090
Thank you so much.
Yes I have prime and getting them tomorrow for free delivery.

Just to make it clearer, the tips that come on the IEMs already are medium. The ones they give you appear to be Small, Medium Small, Medium Large and Large. Medium Large I can press firmly into my ears and they won't pull out by tugging on them

Also, post impressions in this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/786861/puro-sound-labs-puro-ie500iem-impessions-and-discussion

Dec 20, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #5,516 of 6,090
Thanks for the clarification Lurk. Will post on the dedicated thread.
I also have slimfit, spiraldot and Mee tips plus others that I will try them out.
Currently using the spiraldot on my tenore and like them for the little boost in the bass

Dec 20, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #5,517 of 6,090
Thanks for the clarification Lurk. Will post on the dedicated thread.
I also have slimfit, spiraldot and Mee tips plus others that I will try them out.
Currently using the spiraldot on my tenore and like them for the little boost in the bass

Spin Fit? Those are intriguing.

Spiral Dots I've been wanting to try but $20 for 6 pairs of the Medium is expensive, esp i've heard mixed reviews

Mee Tips dual flange don't work for me unfortunately, they cut out all bass on earphones

Might mess around with my E80 tips on the Puro's. 

Dec 20, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #5,518 of 6,090
Spin Fit? Those are intriguing.

Spiral Dots I've been wanting to try but $20 for 6 pairs of the Medium is expensive, esp i've heard mixed reviews

Mee Tips dual flange don't work for me unfortunately, they cut out all bass on earphones

Might mess around with my E80 tips on the Puro's. 

Several 3rd party sellers at Amazon are selling the spirals for $11.95 with free shipping. Amazon has it for $17.
I a didn't like the double flange either but kept out just in case.
The spinfit ate great and provide balanced sound compared to the spirals. The only problem I have the large size is still somehow small for me and very sensitive to correct positioning inside the ear.

Dec 21, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #5,519 of 6,090
Several 3rd party sellers at Amazon are selling the spirals for $11.95 with free shipping. Amazon has it for $17.
I a didn't like the double flange either but kept out just in case.
The spinfit ate great and provide balanced sound compared to the spirals. The only problem I have the large size is still somehow small for me and very sensitive to correct positioning inside the ear.

I wish I'd ordered mine from Amazon.  I ordered the 3 pair from Ebay over a month ago, nothing has arrived yet.  Estimated delivery date was last week!  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back