Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Dec 13, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #5,476 of 6,090
cool.gif
I have the Tenores, ED9, and the new Xiaomi Hybrids. Forget about the ED9s they won't hang, just a fairly high resolution low budget phone, WAY too much spikey Treble for me personally.  I don't know anything about the Fidues. The Xiaomi will easily go head to Head with the Tenores. I give a slight edge to the Tenores for resolution and Treble, but other than that, the Xiaomi kill them in impact, Bass presentation, and build Quality. I'd say the soundstages are comparable.

The Tenores are much easier to drive, the Xiaomi's don't shine without POWER, and a lengthy burn in.

The Xiaomi are less expensive. Either way they are both very good iems.

JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 14, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #5,477 of 6,090
Went to listen to my Tenores after not listening to them for a week or so and they are just so easy to listen to, anything they put out just seems effortless. I put the E80's on for a quick second and the mids and sound stage make them sound fantastic but some music like Rap the forward mids can be off putting in songs. 

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #5,478 of 6,090
I think that the tenores have good bass, the people who got the basso version actually make me wonder a bit... the bass on the tenors sometimes invades the midrange and the vocals (listening to YOU+ME Rose Av. I really recommend it if you want to hear pink do more then just pop)

The tenores... have their issues, the fragility makes them feel almost disposable, i would gladly pay a bit more for a better cable, I´ve also compared them to my phonak PFE and my Vsonic VSD5

Phonak PFE > Tenore > Vsonic VSD5.

The phonak has better impact and slightly better detail,

The vsonic just sounds vailed, dirty and sibilant next to the tenore.

I truly think that if they made a version of the tenore that costed 10 bucks more and had a decent cable, it would easly be the best headphone under 100 bucks on the market.

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #5,479 of 6,090
I haven't noticed any bleeding, and I've played bass heavy music through them. I strictly have only used them with my FiiO E07K

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #5,480 of 6,090
  I think that the tenores have good bass, the people who got the basso version actually make me wonder a bit... the bass on the tenors sometimes invades the midrange and the vocals (listening to YOU+ME Rose Av. I really recommend it if you want to hear pink do more then just pop)

The tenores... have their issues, the fragility makes them feel almost disposable, i would gladly pay a bit more for a better cable, I´ve also compared them to my phonak PFE and my Vsonic VSD5

I truly think that if they made a version of the tenore that costed 10 bucks more and had a decent cable, it would easly be the best headphone under 100 bucks on the market.

Which Phonak PFE?

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #5,482 of 6,090

The tenores... have their issues, the fragility makes them feel almost disposable, i would gladly pay a bit more for a better cable
, I´ve also compared them to my phonak PFE and my Vsonic VSD5

Really ?

I think Tenores have a really good cable. It's pretty thin but it doesn't tangle or get lost in memory. Microphonics are average but I'm willing to pay that price since I use a clip anyways. The only thing I wish is that the jack and y split were more like the Zircons.

I've had the Tenores for years now and they haven't gone wrong once. Still my first pair!

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #5,483 of 6,090
The cable itself is fine and holds up quite well , but the jack is the total opposite of that. It's prone to bending in your pocket because of the way it sticks out. It peels easily too because of the rubbery material. The one on my first pair basically splitted itself in half and is now held together by some electrical tape. 

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #5,484 of 6,090
The cable itself is fine and holds up quite well , but the jack is the total opposite of that. It's prone to bending in your pocket because of the way it sticks out. It peels easily too because of the rubbery material. The one on my first pair basically splitted itself in half and is now held together by some electrical tape. 

Ouch that sounds like a bad QC check tbh.

I agree though, the jack is indeed one of the weakest points tbh. If I could I'd swap the Zircons cable onto the Tenores. That would literally be the perfect earphone.

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #5,485 of 6,090

i agree, the jack is badly designed, and it doesnt have a flexible joint section that most L Shape jack have.. due to this i cant use it with my 'TWIG" earphone cable holder.. but for the cable itself yupp its quite good although it might looked cheap unlike other brands that provide fabric layer, anti tangle material etc.. but my other earbud from Final Audio have very similar cable, maybe Japanese Audio Maker all use there slim and easy to tangle cable...

btw im using Tenore for few days now and loving the highs, clear crisps sound, and it do produce bass with a kick!

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #5,486 of 6,090
Is the Fidue A73 an upgrade to the Tenore?  Anyone that has both want to share their thoughts?

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #5,488 of 6,090
How would tenores compare to soundmagic e50 and hifiman re 400, I'm deciding between those three

Well I have the E80's and they have a more forward midrange and low end kick. They don't sound as liquid as the Tenores but the midrange makes us for it. You can find a review of both to them here http://www.head-fi.org/t/772661/soundmagic-e50-e80-story-of-two-magicians-a-review

Dec 16, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #5,490 of 6,090
I read it allready thanks:D, I am looking at these 3 and xiaomi pistons 3, is treble more present on tenores or 50s

I have Piston 3 (Xiaomi In Ear Earphones) and find the bass to be underwhelming, and the design prevents a proper fit in some ear (like mine).. already gave it away. Now im thinking whether to try and find Piston 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back