Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 16, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #5,071 of 6,090
Been bouncing around low $30's on Amazon...now at $32 on Amazon w/Free Shipping from Japan; $36 if Amazon fulfilled. Wait a day and they'll change.

May 18, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #5,072 of 6,090
  Hey guys wondering whether the basso or tenore willl be better for trance and how these stack up against the eph100s.

Cheers

I'm an avid trance listener and Tenores are very good for trance. Unlike other genres under EDM trance sounds more better with airier sounding earphones with good soundstage. Tenores fit the bill. Bass levels are enough and best thing about bass is that it sounds well layered with noticeable sub bass.

May 18, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #5,073 of 6,090
The Tenore. Less bass quantity, but it makes up for it with better instrument separation and a more extended and sparkling treble presentation. I wouldn't want to shortchange the Basso here, but the Tenore really shines with EDM. If you need a little more bass boost, you can always EQ to your heart's desire.

I'm an avid trance listener and Tenores are very good for trance. Unlike other genres under EDM trance sounds more better with airier sounding earphones with good soundstage. Tenores fit the bill. Bass levels are enough and best thing about bass is that it sounds well layered with noticeable sub bass.

Would completely disagree as a long time owner of EPH100.

Tenore does have more detail but it is missing the quintessential 3D stereo sound imaging that makes EPH100 king of trance.

I tried very hard for months to adjust to the Tenore for trance but it just could not create the same fun & exciting involvement that EPH100 can do with Trance.

IMO Trance is lifeless with Tenore compared to EPH100.

I'm still on the hunt for worthy EPH100 replacement. Tenore is definitly not the answer if Trance is top of your listening Genere.

May 19, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #5,074 of 6,090
Would completely disagree as a long time owner of EPH100.

Tenore does have more detail but it is missing the quintessential 3D stereo sound imaging that makes EPH100 king of trance.

I tried very hard for months to adjust to the Tenore for trance but it just could not create the same fun & exciting involvement that EPH100 can do with Trance.

IMO Trance is lifeless with Tenore compared to EPH100.

I'm still on the hunt for worthy EPH100 replacement. Tenore is definitly not the answer if Trance is top of your listening Genere.

Might have helped if I had stated that I was comparing the Tenore to the Basso; the EPH100 was not mentioned in my post at all.

Still, thanks for the recommendation. I've only heard the EPH100 once, but that was on a multi-IEM audition when I was at Yodobashi Akiba and E-Earphone in Tokyo. Hence, it was far too quick and short to accurately draw any meaningful impressions. Will definitely try the EPH100s again if I can.

May 19, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #5,076 of 6,090
My Tenore's jack sheath has started tearing off a bit after not-so-frequent use of a little more than 6 months. I will have to take some preventive action or I see the sheath separating, exposing the wire. 

May 19, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #5,077 of 6,090
  My Tenore's jack sheath has started tearing off a bit after not-so-frequent use of a little more than 6 months. I will have to take some preventive action or I see the sheath separating, exposing the wire. 

Mine did there a bit as well.. Was thinking of implementing a compression spring and add a heat shrink tubing to it. (Like the one found on Trinity's IEMs or RHA) But I have no idea where to get that kind of spring..

May 19, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #5,078 of 6,090
This site is living up to its unofficial motto:  Sorry about your wallet.

I just picked up the zero audio carbo tenore headphones.  My initial impression is quite favorable.  On the first track I put on, before burn in of any kind, I thought the treble might be a bit overdone but since then (only an hour or so) this seems to be mellowing out.  The bass is fully present which is nice.

I have been experimenting with sub $50 US headphones.   I take these on the road and to the gym so my headphones get stressed and also seem to go on vacation from time to time.  

So far these are the winners and beat out the Phonak Audeo PF022; the lower cost Audio Technicas, and SoundMagic wooden units that I have played with.  The latter three all have something to recommend them; but realistically the Zero audio units are surprisingly good.

In fact, these compare favorably with my Yuin PK3.  I think the Yuin have an exception open sound, but the Yuin are bass shy.  No so for the Zeros.  

Based on my preference for the Zero Carbos and the Yuin PK3, if I did want to go "upscale"; what headphones would you suggest I look at next? 

I would assume I need to go for balanced units,or dual armature and am open to some suggestions. 

My electronics are FIIO X3 (both generations), and Apple (videopod, iphone 6 plus, Nano 6th generation).

Thanks!

May 20, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #5,080 of 6,090
  For those who's using comply tips, which one is best fitted with our Tenore's? T400 or T500? TIA

400 and 500 are too large, 200 fit good. 

May 20, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #5,082 of 6,090
  This site is living up to its unofficial motto:  Sorry about your wallet.

I just picked up the zero audio carbo tenore headphones.  My initial impression is quite favorable.  On the first track I put on, before burn in of any kind, I thought the treble might be a bit overdone but since then (only an hour or so) this seems to be mellowing out.  The bass is fully present which is nice.

I have been experimenting with sub $50 US headphones.   I take these on the road and to the gym so my headphones get stressed and also seem to go on vacation from time to time.  

So far these are the winners and beat out the Phonak Audeo PF022; the lower cost Audio Technicas, and SoundMagic wooden units that I have played with.  The latter three all have something to recommend them; but realistically the Zero audio units are surprisingly good.

In fact, these compare favorably with my Yuin PK3.  I think the Yuin have an exception open sound, but the Yuin are bass shy.  No so for the Zeros.  

Welcome to the Tenore club. 
smile.gif

Yes, they really are some of the best pound-for-pound IEMs I've ever used. They have a bit of everything, and combine them all together for a coherent, musical, yet detailed package that handles most genres well.

Btw, out of curiosity, which Audio-Technica IEMs were you referring to?

May 21, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #5,084 of 6,090
new to the forums but been lurking on and off for a few years.  i've had the tenore for a while now and am really happy with them.  i was wondering though if anyone knows where i can get replacement OEM tips.  i use the small and would like a few pairs as backup.  the zero audio website won't let you order once you change the language to english and i've not found anywhere else that carries them other than an ebay seller in the UK (i'm in the US), but i'm waiting back to see if they are actual OEM from zero or just aftermarket tips that happen to fit.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/151661982768?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

also if anyone with small tips not being used would be interested in a trade for my med or large please let me know.

thanks guys.

May 24, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #5,085 of 6,090
Tenore + ortofon eartips (M). ortofon eartips is very soft, compared to Sony Hybrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back