Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 26, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #1,966 of 6,090
Why not using those cheap hard cases? I find them really nice for little phones and hold up well in time. Well, I'm using my Lumia as media player and carring only the tenores in it.

May 26, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #1,968 of 6,090
  Why not using those cheap hard cases? I find them really nice for little phones and hold up well in time. Well, I'm using my Lumia as media player and carring only the tenores in it.

Those are cool, but the altoids are less than $2, tough, and hold the player very easily as well. :) I also don't have any other cases lying around. :-o  And I don't really care for zippers personally. I like sleek, minimal cases that go in my pocket and don't show easily. Most cases like the one pictured bulk out the pocket too much for my liking. But whatever works. :)

Which case is that one? Is the zipper smooth? And how thick is it compared to an altoids type tin? If the zip fit in the pouch part and it wasn't any thicker than the tin i use I might like it...

May 27, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #1,973 of 6,090

Those are cool, but the altoids are less than $2, tough, and hold the player very easily as well. :) I also don't have any other cases lying around. :-o  And I don't really care for zippers personally. I like sleek, minimal cases that go in my pocket and don't show easily. Most cases like the one pictured bulk out the pocket too much for my liking. But whatever works. :)

Which case is that one? Is the zipper smooth? And how thick is it compared to an altoids type tin? If the zip fit in the pouch part and it wasn't any thicker than the tin i use I might like it...

They are thicker than altoids I think. The zipper is good enough, I'm using one for around 8 months already and looks like new still.
Thickness: approx. 2.5cm/ 0.98"
Diameter: approx. 8cm/ 3.14"
But they are cheap, under 2$ and easy to carry around.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Pocket-Hard-Case-Storage-Bag-for-Earphone-Headphone-Earbuds-SD-TF-Card-/271418419024?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cases_Covers_Skins&var=&hash=item3f31cc6750

May 27, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #1,974 of 6,090
  On another note, I've modified my storage again. :p I know, what a geek... The mini altoids is awesome, but then I'm carrying two separate things everywhere, which might be nice in some situations, but I prefer simplicity and over preparedness. haha. As if those went together. :p Here's my current setup, which I find excellent.

I put a piece of foam lengthwise in teh normal sized altoids case. The clip zip fits so perfectly bottom to top in the case, that the foam simply keeps it from sliding around and messing with the earphones. That leaves a space that is actually slightly larger than the mini altoids case still. Wrap the 'phones and put them there, and I then put my little emergency 3.5 interconnect I made with a bag of assorted tips on top of everything. The bag of tips keeps everything snug but not tight. I might be able to use the bag in place of the foam. Still playing around, but nothing moves and everything is compact. :) And my 128gb microSD card should be here tomorrow!!!

I want to know more about the Clip. 

But anyway, right now I'm carrying both the Tenore (and several tips) and KC06 all in my Narmoo case.  I'll take a look around to see if I can find Altoids.

May 27, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #1,975 of 6,090

They are thicker than altoids I think. The zipper is good enough, I'm using one for around 8 months already and looks like new still.
Thickness: approx. 2.5cm/ 0.98"

Diameter: approx. 8cm/ 3.14"
But they are cheap, under 2$ and easy to carry around.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Pocket-Hard-Case-Storage-Bag-for-Earphone-Headphone-Earbuds-SD-TF-Card-/271418419024?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cases_Covers_Skins&var=&hash=item3f31cc6750

Yeah, thicker doesn't work for me. The altoids is just thin enough, but any bigger for me is bulky in the pocket. That's why the mini altoids is awesome, but then there are multiple things needed. Oh well. :)

May 27, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #1,976 of 6,090

On another note, I've modified my storage again. :p I know, what a geek... The mini altoids is awesome, but then I'm carrying two separate things everywhere, which might be nice in some situations, but I prefer simplicity and over preparedness. haha. As if those went together. :p Here's my current setup, which I find excellent.

I put a piece of foam lengthwise in teh normal sized altoids case. The clip zip fits so perfectly bottom to top in the case, that the foam simply keeps it from sliding around and messing with the earphones. That leaves a space that is actually slightly larger than the mini altoids case still. Wrap the 'phones and put them there, and I then put my little emergency 3.5 interconnect I made with a bag of assorted tips on top of everything. The bag of tips keeps everything snug but not tight. I might be able to use the bag in place of the foam. Still playing around, but nothing moves and everything is compact. :) And my 128gb microSD card should be here tomorrow!!!

I want to know more about the Clip. 

But anyway, right now I'm carrying both the Tenore (and several tips) and KC06 all in my Narmoo case.  I'll take a look around to see if I can find Altoids.

The clip zip is an amazing little player that performs and measures extremely well. With rockbox firmware you gain an impressive eq, larger microsd card support and themes among other things. Drag and drop files to it as the management method and 15 hour battery would be the downfalls. I love it though. No 128+ gb flash based ipods yet... :p even still, i hate touchscreen audio players overall. I don't want to have to look at my player to use it. I can do a lot on the clip or ipod classic while driving, resting, running, biking, etc. and never need to be distracted by navigating the touch interface. The nano is a good mix in my opinion of both, but 16gb is unacceptable! :wink:

May 27, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #1,977 of 6,090
The clip zip is an amazing little player that performs and measures extremely well. With rockbox firmware you gain an impressive eq, larger microsd card support and themes among other things. Drag and drop files to it as the management method and 15 hour battery would be the downfalls. I love it though. No 128+ gb flash based ipods yet... :p even still, i hate touchscreen audio players overall. I don't want to have to look at my player to use it. I can do a lot on the clip or ipod classic while driving, resting, running, biking, etc. and never need to be distracted by navigating the touch interface. The nano is a good mix in my opinion of both, but 16gb is unacceptable! :wink:

This is exactly what's been bothering me with listening to music off my phone.  Touch screen.. I have to pull it out every time!  What a pain, and even if I pull it out, the control is limited unless I unlock the phone, which again cannot be done blindly inside my pocket.  I had the original nano but it broke years ago. 

I guess I'll keep an eye out for sales.

May 27, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #1,978 of 6,090

This is exactly what's been bothering me with listening to music off my phone.  Touch screen.. I have to pull it out every time!  What a pain, and even if I pull it out, the control is limited unless I unlock the phone, which again cannot be done blindly inside my pocket.  I had the original nano but it broke years ago. 

I guess I'll keep an eye out for sales.

The clip is 40-50 dollars. The 128gb card was just on sale for $120. Not sure if it still is...

UPDATE: yes, it is.

May 27, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #1,979 of 6,090
i have the clip+ n a clip zip...i think the zip is slightly brighter. If that matters to anyone? 
i bought both refurbished, on the cheap from amazon.

May 27, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #1,980 of 6,090
i have the clip+ n a clip zip...i think the zip is slightly brighter. If that matters to anyone? 
i bought both refurbished, on the cheap from amazon.

Not to be blunt, but it isn't brighter. They are identical. Identical hardware for the audio, they measure identically, etc. i've also a/b'd the sansa players, and the clip zip, clip+ and one of the old fuzes are identical. If you have the new sport clip zip that's another story. That might be different as they changed things, but i haven't heard it myself.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back