ZERO AUDIO Impression and Information Thread - DX200 / DX210 / BX700 / BX510 / BX500 / BX300 / DWX10
Jan 4, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #16 of 101
Got my duoza two days ago and did some comparison with other ZA iems.
Here is a brief summarize from the comparison I did:
1. The tenore has the widest soundstage, but it also makes the tenore's mid sound a bit thin. Bass does go feep, but impact is a bit lacking. Very impressive sound for string instrument.
2. The basso has the biggest bass on all ZA iems, but still retain 90% the detail of the tenore.
3. The doppio has the airiest and most forward sound of all ZA iems. The treble is like razor blade, sharp with tons of details. The sound is more in your face kind of presentation. Soundstage is more in your head, similar to kc06. Bass is tight and punchy, goes really deep also, but lacking impact for EDM/dubstep.
4. The duoza is the most balance of all ZA iems imho. It is not as forward as doppio, as it is more laid back. The sound presentation is like if you go to an orchestra and sit in the front row. While the doppio is like you are in the orchestra. Bass has detail like the doppio, but also rumble like the basso. Reminds me of LCD-2. It also has the best instrument separation, instrument placement accuracy. This is by far my new favorite iem from ZA.

Jan 4, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #18 of 101
Tenore mighr have "bigger" soundstage, but it also make it sound a little bit hollow and thin in the middle. The duoza, however, always sound full and solid. It is fun, but never lacking in detail.

Jan 4, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #19 of 101
  Got my duoza two days ago and did some comparison with other ZA iems.
Here is a brief summarize from the comparison I did:
1. The tenore has the widest soundstage, but it also makes the tenore's mid sound a bit thin. Bass does go feep, but impact is a bit lacking. Very impressive sound for string instrument.
2. The basso has the biggest bass on all ZA iems, but still retain 90% the detail of the tenore.
3. The doppio has the airiest and most forward sound of all ZA iems. The treble is like razor blade, sharp with tons of details. The sound is more in your face kind of presentation. Soundstage is more in your head, similar to kc06. Bass is tight and punchy, goes really deep also, but lacking impact for EDM/dubstep.
4. The duoza is the most balance of all ZA iems imho. It is not as forward as doppio, as it is more laid back. The sound presentation is like if you go to an orchestra and sit in the front row. While the doppio is like you are in the orchestra. Bass has detail like the doppio, but also rumble like the basso. Reminds me of LCD-2. It also has the best instrument separation, instrument placement accuracy. This is by far my new favorite iem from ZA.

Thanks a lot!

What a great comparison!

Need to order Duoza soon. :)

Jan 5, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #20 of 101
What's the price on the Duoza? 
cool.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #22 of 101
I need to revised my comparison between tenore and duoza. After further listening, both actually has same soundstage. What makes it different is that the duoza has more low end presence than the tenore. Listening to orchestra, you can hear the cello better with the duoza. Now everything presented equally. Violin is high and crisp, cello has that low end rumble, everything is presented smoothly and effortless. I compare it against my 1964 V8 and actually I like duoza sound presentation better O_O. I don't know how ZA tune their sound, but for me everything is perfect. Bass is enough, never overpowering, can be tight and punchy and at the same time has that sub bass rumble for when those organ hit. Mid that is not too forward, but not recessed, never sound hollow or thin, but not thick like Shure's mid,it sounds very natural. The treble is smooth and extend pretty high, but hardly harsh. From all IEMs that I have heard, the duoza is the most balance sounding IEM. I might order another one for backup.

Jan 5, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #23 of 101
I need to revised my comparison between tenore and duoza. After further listening, both actually has same soundstage. What makes it different is that the duoza has more low end presence than the tenore. Listening to orchestra, you can hear the cello better with the duoza. Now everything presented equally. Violin is high and crisp, cello has that low end rumble, everything is presented smoothly and effortless. I compare it against my 1964 V8 and actually I like duoza sound presentation better O_O. I don't know how ZA tune their sound, but for me everything is perfect. Bass is enough, never overpowering, can be tight and punchy and at the same time has that sub bass rumble for when those organ hit. Mid that is not too forward, but not recessed, never sound hollow or thin, but not thick like Shure's mid,it sounds very natural. The treble is smooth and extend pretty high, but hardly harsh. From all IEMs that I have heard, the duoza is the most balance sounding IEM. I might order another one for backup.

How does the bass compared with v8? I really enjoy the bassof v8. However some times it bleed into the mix which muffles the sound.

Jan 5, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #24 of 101
I already have the Tenore which I'm very happy with apart from when it comes to listening to EDM/Trance.
It does not seem to be able to inject the excitement that my Yamaha eph-100s did, so my quest goes on for the perfect headphones.
I have read the Basso does a better job with EDM than the Tenore.
I would appreciate it if someone could comment on how the Duoza compares against eph100/Basso/Tenore with EDM tracks.
I'm particularly after better separation that gives more 3D like stereo.

Jan 5, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #25 of 101

Wow you are hyping it up :)  But I agree that ZA deserves the applause. Their tuning is among the finest, and that too without crunching in thousand BAs on each ear.
Keep this updated, Duoza might improve further just like other ZA products.

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #26 of 101
How does the bass compared with v8? I really enjoy the bassof v8. However some times it bleed into the mix which muffles the sound.

No bleed to the mix unless your song does so. Out of the box it might be overwhelming, but let it burn in and it will clear up.

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #27 of 101
I already have the Tenore which I'm very happy with apart from when it comes to listening to EDM/Trance.
It does not seem to be able to inject the excitement that my Yamaha eph-100s did, so my quest goes on for the perfect headphones.
I have read the Basso does a better job with EDM than the Tenore.
I would appreciate it if someone could comment on how the Duoza compares against eph100/Basso/Tenore with EDM tracks.
I'm particularly after better separation that gives more 3D like stereo.

I don't have the eph100, but I do have tenore and basso. For me, the duoza's bass is a mix between tenore and basso. What kind of edm song do you listen to? Maybe I can listen to it with all three and compare how the bass sound. For 3D stereo, I could say the duoza beats my V8 and V6S. If you like tenore's out of the head sound, the duoza does it even better imho. Let me know which edm song then I can try it.

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #28 of 101
I don't have the eph100, but I do have tenore and basso. For me, the duoza's bass is a mix between tenore and basso. What kind of edm song do you listen to? Maybe I can listen to it with all three and compare how the bass sound. For 3D stereo, I could say the duoza beats my V8 and V6S. If you like tenore's out of the head sound, the duoza does it even better imho. Let me know which edm song then I can try it.

dont mind but what are these V8 and v6s?

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #29 of 101
Wow you are hyping it up :)  But I agree that ZA deserves the applause. Their tuning is among the finest, and that too without crunching in thousand BAs on each ear.
Keep this updated, Duoza might improve further just like other ZA products.

I have been buying a lot of iems last year, probably the most iems I bought ever. From havi, ostry, 1964, ttpod, jvc, jh audio, ZA, xiaomi, rock jaw and vsonic. From $1400 to $25 iem. I am hyping the duoza because it is that good. I agree that ZA's sound tuning is among the best. I am actually scared if the duoza can improve even further xD.

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #30 of 101
 dont mind but what are these V8 and v6s?

They are from 1964ears. It is a cystom iem although you can order them as universal which I did. I like to share good sound to others haha. V8 is 8 drivers iem and V6S is 6 drivers iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back