Zen Vision:M, what's the story?
Jan 12, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #77 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacquer
But what about the docking station?

yeah. The docking station on the Zen Sleek has a port labeled "Line Out". I noticed this at a Cambridge Soundworks, they had it connect to thier Radio.

Jan 12, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #79 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacquer
So do you think that the same docking staion is used with zen viosion:M? Has anyone already got an opportunity to test it?

its not the same station, they look different. I'm still wondering though...

Jan 12, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #80 of 97
iriver.jpg

Just look at that awesome screen. I thing you guys should stop arguing about new technology that has yet to surpass the old stuff.

Jan 12, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #81 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by mister__big
Having used Creative's products on many occasions, I can safely say that, IMHO, they generally do not perform as well as their specs indicate and they fail too quickly (in many cases within a year of purchase). Several people I know bought Zens that failed within 6 months and Creative told them they will not repair or exchange them since the warranty period is only 3 months (shows how much confidence they have in their products). Until Creative starts to improve their products' quality, no amount of features will save them from bankrupting themselves.

Product Warranty:

Creative offers a one (1) year parts, ninety (90) days labor limited hardware warranty.

not sure what they cove ron the 1 year parts but im sure theyll replace it sounds kinda like anti creative propaganda

also i doubt creative products quality is bad. did you see the nano's cracking for their first month? or ipods batter lasting only 18 months in their first 3 generations? or how badly the ipods scratch now?

pot meet kettle

Jan 12, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #82 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turner_Brown
iriver.jpg

Just look at that awesome screen. I thing you guys should stop arguing about new technology that has yet to surpass the old stuff.

Hehe. I just got rockboy set up on my H320 last night. Looks even better in color. Hell of a lot better than brick, parachute, and solitaire.
icon10.gif

I personally am waiting for something with a higher capacity before I move to something new. Right now, I don't see anything much more attractive to me than my RockBoxed H320. I can play videos too, but not as well as the new iPod or Vision:M or anything with that feature as more than a gimmick. I can convert a lot faster than the 1:1 times my friends have been having with their shiny new iPod "Videos".

Oh, and end the flame wars people. Jeez.

Jan 13, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #83 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimothy
Hehe. I just got rockboy set up on my H320 last night. Looks even better in color. Hell of a lot better than brick, parachute, and solitaire.
icon10.gif

I personally am waiting for something with a higher capacity before I move to something new. Right now, I don't see anything much more attractive to me than my RockBoxed H320. I can play videos too, but not as well as the new iPod or Vision:M or anything with that feature as more than a gimmick. I can convert a lot faster than the 1:1 times my friends have been having with their shiny new iPod "Videos".

Oh, and end the flame wars people. Jeez.

You can put an 80gb in a h140 or h340.

Jan 13, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #84 of 97
Yeah but didn't that 80gb pretty much just come out? It can't be cheap...but I shouldn't be looking at this website if I'm trying to be cautious with money
tongue.gif

But its pretty easy to be cautious with money when you don't have any to be cautious with...
icon10.gif

Jan 13, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #85 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
I hope all the manufacturers make a non-video version of their DAPs as well. I'm not alone in that I only want a good music player.

A colour OLED screen would be nice for viewing album-art, etc, but no more...

what i would like is a screen with similar qualities of the vision, but with an option to run it at a lower resolution and/or less colours for normal operation. cause powering the high resolution screen takes a lot of juice. and then when i want the full blown capability to see pictures and video, just change a setting.

Jan 13, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #86 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSTom1
I can shoot down this arguement too. My nearly 3 year old Zen 2.0 works like the day I bought it and I've never had any problems with it. Creative products do not have a higher failure rate than any other mp3 manufacturer, including Apple.

eek.gif

I had a Zen Micro and sent it in a year later after it stopped syncing, upset I just wrote them and explained my problem. They sent me an RMA # and sent me back a 6GB because they ran out of 5GB models. Undestood, it broke, but replacement was a relatively easy task of sending out the player and paying for shipping.

Jan 13, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #87 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSTom1
Originally Posted by mister__big
Having used Creative's products on many occasions, I can safely say that, IMHO, they generally do not perform as well as their specs indicate and they fail too quickly (in many cases within a year of purchase). Several people I know bought Zens that failed within 6 months and Creative told them they will not repair or exchange them since the warranty period is only 3 months (shows how much confidence they have in their products). Until Creative starts to improve their products' quality, no amount of features will save them from bankrupting themselves.

I had a Zen Micro and sent it in a year later after it stopped syncing, upset I just wrote them and explained my problem. They sent me an RMA # and sent me back a 6GB because they ran out of 5GB models. Undestood, it broke, but replacement was a relatively easy task of sending out the player and paying for shipping.

Jan 14, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #88 of 97
I think the Vision M looks great, and I've never liked Creative (mainly for their convoluted, "me-too" product line and idiot CEO). I really like the interface and the looks of the Vision M though, plus the sound quality should be very good though I haven't heard one.

Jan 15, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #89 of 97
Playing with a Zen Vision:M these few days, which is borrow from my friend.
wink.gif

Initial impression is the screen quality is very impressive, clear and sharp, colors are great. Download a Final Fantasy VII and play it without any problem, no conversion needed.
biggrin.gif

Sound quality wise, not bad, but somehow I still prefer my Zen Micro for music playback. Surprise? I don't know, it is just my personal preference perhaps.

Jan 15, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #90 of 97
I have a question, are pictures/video true to the source (from what you can tell) or oversaturated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back