Zen Vision:M, what's the story?
Dec 23, 2005 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 97

shplorgh

Headphoneus Supremus
I've seen a few impressions of it, but is it actually out yet? If not, when will it be? Anyone here have one?
tongue.gif

Dec 25, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #3 of 97
how much is it in singapore ?

i really want to buy one...

it beats the 5G iPod in all ways, doesn't it zip22 ?
biggrin.gif
- especially the screen !!

Dec 26, 2005 at 6:55 PM Post #5 of 97
I would not say it is better in every way too. It does not support H.264, which is a codec that will be used heavily in the HD DVD. The battery too is not as good as 5G iPod.

Dec 26, 2005 at 7:04 PM Post #6 of 97
A video player with 4 times as many colours and a worse battery which actually lasts longer than the iPods 3 hours.

Dec 26, 2005 at 8:42 PM Post #7 of 97
i still haven't seen anything that shows it has more colors, and the battery life for audio is the same (and significantly less if you use wma). its also pretty chunky.

Dec 26, 2005 at 8:52 PM Post #8 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22
i still haven't seen anything that shows it has more colors, and the battery life for audio is the same (and significantly less if you use wma). its also pretty chunky.

the screen is capable of 4X more colours. fact.

64k to 256k colours to be exact.

Dec 26, 2005 at 10:06 PM Post #9 of 97
do you believe everything you read? just because the screen is capable of that many colors does not mean they are utilized. for all we know, apple and creative could use the same screen (probably) and the same video chip. creative just listed the nicer spec of the screen while apple listed the truer spec of the video chip.

Dec 26, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #10 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22
do you believe everything you read? just because the screen is capable of that many colors does not mean they are utilized. for all we know, apple and creative could use the same screen (probably) and the same video chip. creative just listed the nicer spec of the screen while apple listed the truer spec of the video chip.

you really, really, want to beleive that the iPod is supirior, don't you. What if the screens are different? It is entirely possible.

Dec 26, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #11 of 97
i do think the creative is better feature wise, but i do not think the colors are better. the ipods screen has been 64k for a long time, and all the other players have had 256k but there was never anyone complaining. the zen vision:m has better resolution support, better format support, and a more feature filled ui (browse by album art, search, playlist creation). i don't think it will necessarily dent the ipod's sales because of huge size and higher price, though. and i still don't think the screen colors should be touted as superior

Dec 26, 2005 at 10:27 PM Post #12 of 97
Lol, you're funny.

Apple keep low-specs, i.e. older low SNRs quiet and make a big song and dance about what specs there are. If the iVideo screen could do 200K colours we'd know about it.

Dec 27, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #14 of 97
with regards to comments the zen M being too thick, i wonder if any of you have ever held it before before making comments? and those are the exact same people who are sure that the ipod video are not inferior to the zen M videos.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 27, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #15 of 97
i have held both the current ipod and the 3rd generation 30gb ipod (0.1mm thicker than the vision:m). it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which one i would rather have in my pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back