Zen Vision:M, what's the story?
Dec 28, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #61 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by hwangeruk
Ok, ZIP, Mr Big, just ** STOP **

Your value to a forum is based on trust, open mindness, experience and technical knowledge.

You have not had first hand experience, have no concrete technical knowledge, you don't appear open minded and the the suggestion of nerfing and scrabbling for any idea to underpin your argument make you untrustworthy.

On paper, and on Maliks shots, and Ysle's first hand experience it would seem the Creative has the better screen.

Grow up and get over it, or you will sadly not be seen as a valued contributor.

For my part, I am an iPod G5 owner and PSP owner. I think I may sell my PSP to get the Creative as I don't play games. The G5 battery is not good enough for Lord of the Rings or King Kong whereas I hope and have heard the Creative's battery is, but I'd like a review to confirm.

Melik, not Malik.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooNice
Umm, is 30GB the largest capacity the new Zen comes in?

Yes.

Dec 29, 2005 at 4:49 AM Post #62 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by mister__big
Having used Creative's products on many occasions, I can safely say that, IMHO, they generally do not perform as well as their specs indicate and they fail too quickly (in many cases within a year of purchase). Several people I know bought Zens that failed within 6 months and Creative told them they will not repair or exchange them since the warranty period is only 3 months (shows how much confidence they have in their products). Until Creative starts to improve their products' quality, no amount of features will save them from bankrupting themselves.

I can shoot down this arguement too. My nearly 3 year old Zen 2.0 works like the day I bought it and I've never had any problems with it. Creative products do not have a higher failure rate than any other mp3 manufacturer, including Apple.

eek.gif

Dec 29, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #63 of 97
Cowon iAudio A2 anyone? Much broader file support, better SQ to my ears, awesome build quality, and better battery life. TV out is also beautiful on the Cowon A2, but I can't compare it to the Vision's since I have never seen it.

Dec 29, 2005 at 7:00 AM Post #64 of 97
Quote:

Having used Creative's products on many occasions, I can safely say that, IMHO, they generally do not perform as well as their specs indicate and they fail too quickly (in many cases within a year of purchase). Several people I know bought Zens that failed within 6 months and Creative told them they will not repair or exchange them since the warranty period is only 3 months (shows how much confidence they have in their products). Until Creative starts to improve their products' quality, no amount of features will save them from bankrupting themselves.

your location states that you are in singapore. if so, i presume your friends are singaporeans too? afaik, creative products sold in singapore comes with a 1 year warranty, and not 3 months as you suggested. my friend who has a zen micro took it back for repair (lcd problem) and they gave him a 1-1 exchange on the spot. i had a zen usb 2.0, and the backlight failed, and had no problem with a 1-1 exchange too.

Dec 29, 2005 at 9:35 AM Post #65 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck
Cowon iAudio A2 anyone? Much broader file support, better SQ to my ears, awesome build quality, and better battery life. TV out is also beautiful on the Cowon A2, but I can't compare it to the Vision's since I have never seen it.

we're talking about the vision:m, not the vision (god bless creative's naming team). compared to the vision:m, the A2 is double the size and $80 more, but it would be a very nice PMP. if you can't compare to the vision:m (or vision if thats what you were thinking) regarding the display, how can you say it has better sound quality?

Dec 30, 2005 at 12:36 AM Post #67 of 97
Have checked, ZV/ZVW has no line-out.

Actually, I am considering Zen Vision or Vision:M.

Caring big song-capacity, convenince and quality of music/sound than other functions(..that does not mean I do no need them).So, early, I was impressed by its indicates published(here or there):

Impediance:16 ohm
S/N Ratio: Up to 97 dB
Frequency Response: 20 Hz ~ 20 kHz
Harmonic Distortion Output: <0.1%
No official data shows the output power, but someone acclaimed its output power is not bad. Do you have any such data of Ipod photo 5(30G) and Iriver 5 XL?

Using included earbuds will get a good performance in mid-bass area.

But as is said, there is a not-so-pleased flagrant every 10-15 minitues period when playing after using its song-search function.

Anyway, I missed the opportunity Creatif offered(they published a promotion activity in China Mainland,ZV:RMB 4380/$540, ZVM:3280/$405 in Dec 10-29,2005)
I am still wondering what chip it used, TI-OMAP or Intel Xscale???

Will followup to update if I get any new Info.

Dec 30, 2005 at 1:49 AM Post #68 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22
we're talking about the vision:m, not the vision (god bless creative's naming team). compared to the vision:m, the A2 is double the size and $80 more, but it would be a very nice PMP. if you can't compare to the vision:m (or vision if thats what you were thinking) regarding the display, how can you say it has better sound quality?

I've seen the vision and A/Bed it to the Cowon A2, I just didn't have a TV around to plug it in, so I couldn't test TV out. And my apologies, should have noticed you were talking about the vision:m and not the vision.

Dec 30, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #69 of 97
eek.gif
Yeah.. I know you are talking about ZV, but I am talking with you both ZV and ZVM.
mad.gif
As for myself, I prefer ZV...
icon10.gif

This morning I called several Creative dealers in Beijing, launching the new products is still in abuliding... What's more, dealers' seems not that pro., they even don't know this information.(Why CREATIF didn't keep his Dealers posted on their product info??? )
confused.gif

Dec 30, 2005 at 7:19 AM Post #71 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSTom1
I can shoot down this arguement too. My nearly 3 year old Zen 2.0 works like the day I bought it and I've never had any problems with it. Creative products do not have a higher failure rate than any other mp3 manufacturer, including Apple.

That's my experience, which is why I said "IMHO". There's no need to "shoot down this argument" because it wasn't an argument, but an opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
your location states that you are in singapore. if so, i presume your friends are singaporeans too? afaik, creative products sold in singapore comes with a 1 year warranty, and not 3 months as you suggested.

Yes, I'm based in Singapore and so are my friends who bought their Zens. They told me that Creative straight up told them their warranty period is only 3 months and that Creative would not exchange or repair them since it's out of warranty. Then Creative proceeded to them that they could buy another Zen at 30% (or 40%, can't remember the exact amount) off regular price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hwangeruk
On paper, and on Maliks shots, and Ysle's first hand experience it would seem the Creative has the better screen. Grow up and get over it, or you will sadly not be seen as a valued contributor.

Uh, get over what exactly? I never put down Creative's screen and I do acknowledge that the Zen Vision: M has a nice screen. I'm puzzled by your random chastise.

Dec 30, 2005 at 8:51 AM Post #73 of 97
Quote:

Yes, I'm based in Singapore and so are my friends who bought their Zens. They told me that Creative straight up told them their warranty period is only 3 months and that Creative would not exchange or repair them since it's out of warranty. Then Creative proceeded to them that they could buy another Zen at 30% (or 40%, can't remember the exact amount) off regular price.

well thats strange, cos i and my friend had zero problems getting one to one exchange for faulty products and warranty is definitely one year.

Dec 30, 2005 at 9:02 AM Post #74 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
well thats strange, cos i and my friend had zero problems getting one to one exchange for faulty products and warranty is definitely one year.

Strange, indeed. Did you take it back to Creative directly or to the dealer where you bought it from?

Dec 30, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #75 of 97
Quote:

Strange, indeed. Did you take it back to Creative directly or to the dealer where you bought it from?

i took it back to creative HQ at jurong east. my friend even lost his receipt, but they could check the serial number of his micro on their system and replaced one for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back