Zen Vision M Creative's newest player!
Dec 9, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #63 of 86
While the price seems high at first, if you configure an Ipod Photo with the same built in features and accessories that come with the "M"....you now have a $500+ Ipod vs a $369 "M".......don't look so bad now if those features are important to you. (are to me)

Things that really stand out, a display that blows away the Apple (260M vs 65M colors) and many more useful codecs....

The minus for me is I don't see a line-out unless its built into the dock....I really want Line-out on my next Dap.....

The thickness? No biggie....neither one would live in my pocket.

Dec 9, 2005 at 5:39 PM Post #64 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by JETninja
While the price seems high at first, if you configure an Ipod Photo with the same built in features and accessories that come with the "M"....you now have a $500+ Ipod vs a $369 "M".......don't look so bad now if those features are important to you. (are to me)

Things that really stand out, a display that blows away the Apple (260M vs 65M colors) and many more useful codecs....

The minus for me is I don't see a line-out unless its built into the dock....I really want Line-out on my next Dap.....

The thickness? No biggie....neither one would live in my pocket.

you guys keep whining about the thickness of these mp3 players. Cmon, just a few years ago we had CD players! And I don't see you guys complaining about the thickness of MD players either. As long as it's less than half an inch thick, I'm fine with it. Half of you guys will get the iPod, loving the thinness, then slap it onto a portable amp and dac, and put it into a bag. Kinda defeats the purpose of having it thin, right?

/rant.
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 5:46 PM Post #65 of 86
What I'm really interested in is whether its able to output decent quality movies on to the tv. If that could be done, then I would use the video feature of the player a lot more. I really don't care if it's thicker than an iPod because I found out my ipod stays mostly in my backpack and on the desk anyways. I would really give it a try if the price comes down a bit. Hopefully this one has decent sound quality straight out from the headphone jack.

Dec 9, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #66 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
you guys keep whining about the thickness of these mp3 players. Cmon, just a few years ago we had CD players! And I don't see you guys complaining about the thickness of MD players either. As long as it's less than half an inch thick, I'm fine with it. Half of you guys will get the iPod, loving the thinness, then slap it onto a portable amp and dac, and put it into a bag. Kinda defeats the purpose of having it thin, right?
/rant.
biggrin.gif

It's also about the weight. The iPod is about an ounce lighter. We head-fi geeks tend to be lacking in the muscle department. I had to hire someone to carry my gear around for me.
icon10.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 8:43 PM Post #67 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by yyoo
It's also about the weight. The iPod is about an ounce lighter. We head-fi geeks tend to be lacking in the muscle department. I had to hire someone to carry my gear around for me.
icon10.gif

true, but you could probably lose an ounce or 2 of weight by using a shorter interconnect with a thinner cable sleeve. All that teflon, rubber and aluminum mesh adds up you know!

Dec 11, 2005 at 9:12 AM Post #68 of 86
For those who are interested, someone shows a few photos comparison between Zen Vision:M and iPod 5G at link below. There are also some photos taken on the GUI of the Zen Vision:M. But you need to login in order to see the pictures.

Awesome screen, I must say.

LINK.

Dec 11, 2005 at 9:26 AM Post #69 of 86
Despite many saying that it's not much of an innovative product, I think I will give it a shot sometime. Seems like it's pretty good.

Dec 12, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #74 of 86
I'm thinking this unit is looking very nice.
I've got a karma and an ipod nano and one thing I can say is the UI on the ipod really blows...looking forward to replacement for my karma and I think this might be it...
Hope they get it in 60gig soon.
LIP

Dec 12, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #75 of 86
I'm sorry but twice as bulky is why you lose. Instead of buying a new iPod I was actually considering buying one of these, but when I saw that it was actually bigger than my old iPod instead of smaller, I bit the bullet and with the scratch mastar. Love it, but it scratches more than my nonexistent cat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back