Zen Vision M Creative's newest player!
Dec 8, 2005 at 10:06 PM Post #46 of 86
This makes me want to buy the Green One:

wink.gif

sc010.jpg

Dec 8, 2005 at 10:54 PM Post #49 of 86
Way to double the video battery life, yet decrease the music playback time. 11 hours? Yeah maybe if you live in pixie land on gumdrop lane. Probably more like 7-8 hours for those of us who live in the real world.

I never use the 5G's video functionality anyway.

Dec 9, 2005 at 12:31 AM Post #50 of 86
Although, it has an ugly control panel, it's thick and looks iPod-esque in the display (it's very slight), I like it. HOWEVER, I still would not buy this and the iPod still wins. They're getting there though. This is probably the first that is fairly good competitor for the iPod.

I wouldn't mind an MP3 player that looks like a PDA in the display, with the little icons displayed in rows and the ability to change the wallpaper and just mimic a comp desktop basicly..

Dec 9, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #53 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
Way to double the video battery life, yet decrease the music playback time. 11 hours? Yeah maybe if you live in pixie land on gumdrop lane. Probably more like 7-8 hours for those of us who live in the real world.

I never use the 5G's video functionality anyway.

Their English pages say 14 hours for music battery life now, which is more acceptable I think

Dec 9, 2005 at 5:30 AM Post #54 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
Did I leave anything out? That's **20** different MP3 products, 21 including the new Zen Vision M! I realize that not all of these players are available in every market, but that's certainly a big hodge-podge of stuff. I can't imagine what a nightmare it must be to provide good customer support for all of these devices. The average consumer must get very confused trying to decide on a Creative MP3 player.

This is the reason why Creative can't get a good share of the market.. They're too interested in making so many products instead of focusing their energies on a select few. I guess they figure if they put enough out there then you're bound to pick one of them. But this does look like a great player. All the available formats will no doubt make it a viable option for most. Unfortunately that thing is pretty thick. I'd say twice if not a smidge more thicker than the 30 GB Ipod. And it costs a little more. But I think it's a little uglier as well. Has the cheap creative look to it.

JD

Dec 9, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #55 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphil
Did Creative copy the iPod video (if they did, it's rather egregious) or did they already have the design made but Apple beat them to store shelves? Like always, Creative is always a few months (or years) behind. That button sticking out looks like it wants to be punched in, it's an eyesore. At least it has a wired remote that won't come out of its ass like the iPod.

Creative copied the iPod. Most of the stuff they copied is not new to the iPod video. The green battery indicator is old iPod design. The dimensions of the front plate are old iPod dimensions. Creative might have been working on the design for over a year, but they were working from an iPod: the iPod photo if not the iPod video.

Dec 9, 2005 at 7:02 AM Post #56 of 86
Seems like a nice player. It think it looks quite good actually.

But I'm not getting another Creative dap if they don't get rid of that touch-pad. That's the first reason I got rid of my Zen Micro. You can't use the player without taking it out from the pocket/bag and looking at it. And even then it's not too comfortable to use, at least for me. They need some real buttons or a joystick or something.

Dec 9, 2005 at 8:17 AM Post #59 of 86
looks great. should be better than the 5G ipod. custom EQ, less scratchable, more video formats, fm radio, double video battery life, better navigation if it uses the original menu system. is it drag-and-drop?

and about 'copying' the GUI, the color scheme may be the same, the navigation i hope will remain Creative, since i find Apple's navigation to be one of the poorer ones i used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back