Zen Vision M Creative's newest player!
Dec 8, 2005 at 2:54 PM Post #31 of 86
Casing in 5 colors? Gadgetry, but nice
etysmile.gif

Dec 8, 2005 at 2:55 PM Post #32 of 86
http://monsternet.org/imgview/zenvis...envisionm7.jpg

looks like it might have line out.

I like the look of this over the iPod Video, I never liked the circular scroll wheel. Definately needs aftermarket cases though. That thing will probably scratch as much as teh iPod.

Dec 8, 2005 at 3:35 PM Post #33 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
I like the look of this over the iPod Video, I never liked the circular scroll wheel. Definately needs aftermarket cases though. That thing will probably scratch as much as teh iPod.

It looks like tyhe back of the Zen Vision:M uses similar materials as the Zen Micro so it won't scratch as much as the shinny silver back of the iPod. I would definitely get some screen portection on it though. What good is a 2.5 inch screen that's all scratched up. Why does Creative (and Apple) only include cheep pouches for their player these days instead of including a decent case?

confused.gif

Back of Zen Vision: M

Dec 8, 2005 at 3:35 PM Post #34 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teriyaki
Does it have Album Art diaplay capability?. I really like this feature and its a shame so few players support it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echo_
it does

Are you sure? That would be awsome!

I assume you can also listen to music while viewing photos. I wonder what of photo viewing functions and transitions do they have?

Any extras such as contacts or games?

biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #36 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSTom1
It looks like tyhe back of the Zen Vision:M uses similar materials as the Zen Micro so it won't scratch as much as the shinny silver back of the iPod. I would definitely get some screen portection on it though. What good is a 2.5 inch screen that's all scratched up. Why does Creative (and Apple) only include cheep pouches for their player these days instead of including a decent case?

confused.gif

Back of Zen Vision: M

yeah, but the front could still scratch. someone needs to design an invisible sheild for it.

Dec 8, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #37 of 86
Having seen a lot more pictures of it, it has grown on me. I do like the look of it, i would get the green one. I REALLY wish they didnt use a subpack for it though, i hated the x5 subpack.. At least it looks like they are using the apple kind of locking system on it. Price is still more than what i want to pay though, drop that 70 bucks or so and i would be on it.

Via dapreview:

The Zen Vision should be available by 16th December for $ 349 in the US

Dec 8, 2005 at 6:53 PM Post #38 of 86
As someone said earlier, that protruding thingie is not attractive. Like an mp3 player pushing a toilet seat.

Dec 8, 2005 at 7:01 PM Post #39 of 86
From all the pics, the GUI looks like you can customize it, like changing the background and the selection bar color. That's pretty cool. The iPod's GUI has been looking bland and empty.

"the "M" is a bit of a fatty compared to the iPod" from dapreview, made me laugh.

Dec 8, 2005 at 7:09 PM Post #40 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphil
From all the pics, the GUI looks like you can customize it, like changing the background and the selection bar color. That's pretty cool. The iPod's GUI has been looking bland and empty.

Allright!, yeah, good point. If you look at the pics it seems you can set backlight to match the casing in colour.
That's nice and shows they spent some time to take care of such tiny details. I wonder if you can set any picture as a wallpaper, desktop-like...

Dec 8, 2005 at 7:11 PM Post #41 of 86
I'm getting pretty sick of Creative's constant complaining about how Apple ripped off their GUI. Sure, they came up with a GUI first (as BlessingX has already stated), but it doesn't mean anything. They're asking for way too much credit in this department. What's the interesting thing is that they are always coming up with things that Apple has already done, a little behind on the video player, anyone?

I feel that the main problem is that US Patents are way too broad.Sure, we need to make sure that people who think up of the idea can make some cash from it, but we're a freaking competitive economy here, and for businesses to stay in check with each other and put some extensive R&D into coming up newer and cooler things, we need to allow them to make similar products.

But people are trying to patent everything these days. I don't feel that you should patent a menu design or a scroll wheel. What's the point really? Should we patent a look and feel too? If you really think about it, if Creative is denouncing Apple for copying their GUI, then why isn't Apple denouncing Creative for copying the look and feel of the iPod? Who's right and who's wrong?

Dec 8, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #42 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemot
Allright!, yeah, good point. If you look at the pics it seems you can set backlight to match the casing in colour.
That's nice and shows they spent some time to take care of such tiny details. I wonder if you can set any picture as a wallpaper, desktop-like...

I read on dapreview that you can do that ( i think it was dapreview ) so that will be cool.

Dec 8, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #44 of 86
If you look at the pics, the dock connector on the Zen looks like the dock connector on the iPod. It'd be really really really funny if it were the same pin layout, and you could use iPod accesories with the Zen.

At least the Zen comes with a power adapter
rolleyes.gif
. Then you can use its power adapter with the docking hub thingy and plug it into your iPod to get a line-out and charge at the same time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back