Zeitner and Klaus Kobec watches.
Aug 17, 2003 at 9:02 PM Post #61 of 81
I bought my Seamaster Pro (the first version of that one) back in 95 and Canadian retail was $2,500 CDN (I got it for $2,000 after 20% off). I think the US retail at the time was around $1750 US.

So the fact that it is now $2,200 US sucks. It's the same damn watch as the one I have except for the 007 background and logo down at 6 o'clock. Frankly, I prefer the original wave pattern on the dial (waves... Seamaster... makes sense).

I've been meaning to sell mine since I don't use it anymore. It just sits in a watch winder spinning away.

Aug 17, 2003 at 9:05 PM Post #62 of 81
Quote:

Originally posted by Wilson M.
I bought my Seamaster Pro (the first version of that one) back in 95 and Canadian retail was $2,500 CDN (I got it for $2,000 after 20% off). I think the US retail at the time was around $1750 US.

So the fact that it is now $2,200 US sucks. It's the same damn watch as the one I have except for the 007 background and logo down at 6 o'clock. Frankly, I prefer the original wave pattern on the dial (waves... Seamaster... makes sense).

I've been meaning to sell mine since I don't use it anymore. It just sits in a watch winder spinning away.

The non-007 Seamaster Pro Chronometer's list is still $1750.

Aug 17, 2003 at 9:08 PM Post #63 of 81
as my friends know it, the ugliest rolex known to man.
tongue.gif

DSC00111.JPG

Aug 17, 2003 at 9:13 PM Post #65 of 81
Quote:

Originally posted by Wilson M.

Wilson, What does a watch winder look like? Sure would beat wearing the kinetic and submariner on each wrist wouldn't it?

Aug 17, 2003 at 9:36 PM Post #66 of 81
I just sold my GMT-Master II and it had an all-black bezel so it looked quite nice. Of course, it was harder to tell between that and a Submariner. I like the Black/Red bezel option more than that dumb Blue/Red on the original GMT.

(FYI, I sold it so I could buy Grado HP-1s, an Emmeline HR-2 and a Melos Gold Reference. A pretty good trade if you ask me.)

Take a look at: http://www.orbita.net/pages/10000.htm

There are plenty of other companies as well. Ones that look like Italian furniture or ornate jewelery boxes (Scatola del Tempo). I find the Orbita ones to be reasonably priced and work quite well.

Aug 17, 2003 at 9:39 PM Post #67 of 81
Quote:

Originally posted by MusicLover
cyberhazard,
How much does that watch cost?

$2,195 is the list price, and $2,195 is what I paid at a authorized Omega dealer here in Las Vegas. I took me a few months to get my hands on one as most dealers only got one and some dealers did not get any. Omega only made 10,007 world wide, 1,007 went to US dealers. I got mine last november. Now there out of production and even harder to find.

You can grab one off ebay right now for $2,295. I have never seen one go for anything less than full retail, even used.

Aug 18, 2003 at 3:06 AM Post #68 of 81
Here are some pics of my watches:

Tag Heuer 2000 Quartz Chronograph:
fb5c093f.jpg

Tag Heuer Kirium F1:
fb5c07d3.jpg

Tag Heuer Kirium F1 with LCD on:
fb5c06ff.jpg

Tag Heuer Targa Florio:
fb5c0848.jpg

Aug 18, 2003 at 3:09 AM Post #69 of 81
i like that f1.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 18, 2003 at 3:37 AM Post #70 of 81
The Kirium F1 is a great watch. Suprisingly light and fits the wrist well. The LCD is especially neat since it seemingly appears out of nowhere and lights up the face of the watch. Being an Formula 1 fan I had to have this watch as Tag Heuer is the offical time keeper for Formula 1 and the Kirium F1 is endorsed by my favourite driver Kimi Raikkonen.
waymo1.jpg

Here is a link to the Tag Heuer Kirium F1 website

Aug 18, 2003 at 6:22 PM Post #74 of 81
Picked up the Speedbird 2 from the post office a bit ago.
smily_headphones1.gif
It’s well made and sturdy feeling, but lighter than my Movado Kingmatic. Very legible, big dial – I bet you can read it from way across the room.

speedbird1.gif

speedbird2.gif

I think I'm going to pick up a NATO strap for it (although I do like the deployment clasp on the leather).

Aug 18, 2003 at 7:26 PM Post #75 of 81
What's the diameter on that watch? (You measure the case diameter with a ruler lined up along 10 and 4 or 8 and 2.)

Boy, you have girly wrists if that is a standard size.
wink.gif

Very nice watch. I like the cream dial. A good change of pace from white or black.

Typically it is called a "deployant" clasp. Most watch companies are in the French part of Switzerland except a few like IWC (Schaffhausen) who are in the German part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back