Yulong's new DA8
Jul 11, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #421 of 544
Quote:
Nope! But this is not bad as long the resolution of your music is 16 to 24 bits and the DAC's is 32. Actually digital volume control can be better than analog because it removes the influence of the analog volume components, in other words, a shorter path from the DAC to the output.

I don't agree. I have a Mytek which has digital or analog volume. I don't care what "white papers" say. To my ears there is a very difference between "analog volume" and "digital volume" 
smile.gif

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #422 of 544
Quote:
I don't agree. I have a Mytek which has digital or analog volume. I don't care what "white papers" say. To my ears there is a very difference between "analog volume" and "digital volume" 
smile.gif

To my ears are very different too  between analog and digital volume contrlo. But I prefer the digital volume control. I give up using preamp a long time ago
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 11, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #425 of 544

That's a very interesting review, Esprit, especially the comparison with the Mytek which I am a former owner and that I sold because I thought it lacked some euphonic transport, the midrange was too lean, too thin for my taste. I can confirm also that the headphone amp of the Mytek is really ridiculous, the worst I ever heard!

I bought the Mytek also for its preamp capability and I used it for sometime but with no success. Following this experience I came to the conclusion that a dedicated preamp is necessary in the chain. Now I am starting to think that maybe the preamp section of the Mytek wasn't good enough!

It seems that this DA8 is of another league in this regard! It might be just the perfect DAC for me!:smile:

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #430 of 544
Quote:

Yes - I've been using it a lot. And for HD800, I actually prefer it to the headphone jack on front. Not as much for some other headphones, but HD800 is a good match.

My review should be up this week, just need to finish a few little details.

Project86,

Looking forward for your review! Sure it will be very useful for us.

Thanks a lot for sharing with us your priceless expertise.

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #431 of 544
Quote:
This thread starts out with this DAC being compared to the Weiss DAC202, does it compare to the Weiss DAC202.

Yeah I doubt it... project mentioned that the Invicta is way above all the 1K - 1500 dacs. Though are the parts actually that much more expensive vs a 1K DAC. What are you paying for when you plop down 4K?

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #432 of 544
This thread starts out with this DAC being compared to the Weiss DAC202
, does it compare to the Weiss DAC202

Yeah I doubt it... project mentioned that the Invicta is way above all the 1K - 1500 dacs. Though are the parts actually that much more expensive vs a 1K DAC. What are you paying for when you plop down 4K?

Actually, Yulong has a Weiss DAC202 in his shop that was used to facilitate the design of the DA8, so yes i would certainly say it is comparable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back