Yulong's new DA8
Jul 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #437 of 544
I'm doing it with FW (Mytek). It works. I would be lying to write that I've heard differences, but at least I know that into the cable pass only data. It's enough for me 
smile.gif

Jul 15, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #438 of 544
Has anyone heard any improvements with any nice usb cables? & and data only lined usb cables??

Jul 15, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #441 of 544
Quote:
Has anyone heard any improvements with any nice usb cables? & and data only lined usb cables??

I'm not much of a "fancy USB cable" kind of guy - no offence to those who are. I mainly use a Charleston Cable Company Auric USB, or sometimes a cheap NuForce Impulse, and they both sound great to me. Never use generic cables as I've had so many of them go bad on me.... causing time and frustration as I troubleshoot the problem. 

Quote:
Hi Project86, will you post your review in this thread, or start a new one?

I'll probably start a new one, and add a link here. This thread is great for discussion but probably a bit confusing for someone just walking in and trying to learn about the DA8, having to wade through 30 pages. I definitely don't want to look like I'm hijacking the thread or anything.... but sometimes it's more clear if we start fresh. 

Quote:
Is Neo (DA8) "The One"? And forget those crappy Matrix 2 & 3 movies! Lets just pretend they were never made. :wink:

Funny considering the main question everyone has is how the DA8 compares to the Matrix X-Sabre. 

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #444 of 544
Just want to say the Fostex TH-900's are singing beautifully out of the DA8 internal amp :darthsmile:

Jul 17, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #446 of 544
Quote:

Funny considering the main question everyone has is how the DA8 compares to the Matrix X-Sabre. 

Personally more interested to see how you rate it in comparison to the Anedio D2 - especially as an all-in-one DAC/Preamp/Headphone amp.  Right now on paper the D2 looks better simply because the designer remembered to include a remote.

Jul 17, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #447 of 544
Quote:

Personally more interested to see how you rate it in comparison to the Anedio D2 - especially as an all-in-one DAC/Preamp/Headphone amp.  Right now on paper the D2 looks better simply because the designer remembered to include a remote.

I'll definitely cover that as well - I'm pretty much done, just waiting for some answers from Yulong on a few details, as translated by Rachel at Grant Fidelity. She's super busy and so is Yulong I imagine, but hopefully I'll get that reply soon and then post the review the next day or so.

Jul 17, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #448 of 544
Quote:

I'll definitely cover that as well - I'm pretty much done, just waiting for some answers from Yulong on a few details, as translated by Rachel at Grant Fidelity. She's super busy and so is Yulong I imagine, but hopefully I'll get that reply soon and then post the review the next day or so.

Reply from Yulong will come very soon :) Thanks for your hard work for the head-fi community :) 

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity 

Jul 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #449 of 544
anyone compared the da8 to any of JK's dacs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back