Yulong's new DA8

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by yfei, Jan 29, 2013.
First

Back
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Page 37 of 37
  1. project86 Contributor
    Wow, good deals! A lot of it disappeared quickly but there are still a few worthwhile items to look at. 

2. earfonia

Thanks! The new DA8ii is not on sale yet :)

3. guido
    Hi guys

I just picked up a Yulong DA8 with some extensive modifications installed as detailed by the German company Hoer-Wege below which should bring it in line and maybe surpass the MkII version:

This allows us to make the DA8 a truly excellent DAC. While the original device tendenziell rather sounds "boring" and "technical", the hoer-wege DA8 is wonderful "relaxed" and "transparent" !!
    The A28 replaces and supplements more than 30 components; 12 diodes, 24 electrolytic and numerous film capacitors, and the housing is damped, etc. The new components are of the very best quality, e.g. ultra-fast, soft-recovery diodes, excluding PANASONIC FM capacitors, WIMA slides, etc. By our modification, we achieve a clear "gain" in resolution and speed with "natural" and "real" sound.
    Optionally, we would like to use a more precise 100 MHz oscillator, the CCHD-950X-25-100. The exchange can be carried out 1: 1 if the connections of the CCHD are provided with soldered "legs". All in all, this modification takes more than 3 hours despite the "small" device. But it is worth it, because "after" you have a DAC and KH-amplifier, which also loosely with much more expensive devices.

I am looking forward to comparing it to the internal DAC of the Aries Mini ...will report back

I am especially curious to connect its XLR outputs to my Accuphase integrated amp!

4. guido
    Outstanding!!! I do not know how a standard DA-8 sounds but this Hoer-wege modded one is superb, definitely leagues above the BMC Puredac I owned previously..

I am waiting for a OYAIDE CONTINENTAL 5 S USB cable to arrive...has anyone tried this USB cable?

First

Back
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Page 37 of 37