Yulong UA 188 USB/AMP
Jul 9, 2009 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ulyses

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking a decent budget amp for my Beyerdynamic dt880 250 ohm headphone. Than I saw this
Welcome to Audiophilechina

There is no any review for this amp/dac. Are there anyone using that?

I am also looking for Little Dot Mk2. How it's synergie with dt880?
Thanks for reply, and sorry about bad language
redface.gif

Jul 10, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #2 of 14
Any advices?
triportsad.gif

Jul 10, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 14
Hi, ulyses. I haven't tried the Yulong, but I have a Chinese amp (Shanling PH100) and DAC (SVDAC06), and they are excellent. If these are representative of Chinese equipment, then the Yulong is also probably good. Many on Head-fi are getting into the Compass, which I believe is also Chinese. Good luck in your search, and please keep us informed about what you decide.

Jul 10, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 14
Hi feifan. Thanks for your reply. Shanling PH100 looks interesting indeed. I will look for it too while searching head-amp/dac. And offcourse I will share my impressions after find my equipment.

Jul 11, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #5 of 14
I got one from them lately.Took one week arrived from China so not much complaint about the shipping. Regarding to the sound quality it's very nice for the price. Used to own a lehmann BLC which was to go with my hd650s, I could't tell much difference between them although ua188 is much cheapper. It comes with a usb dac so just get a printer calbe and connect it to pc then it goes. The amp part alone is very good. Dac is bit better than meier's discontinuous amp "cantate aria" imo. I listen some pops, jazzs and new age and ua188 is a right amp for those kinds music. It's bassy,fast, and a bit forward. The only thing it doesn't have is clarity. For a amp priced at 140$ I won't expect too much as it's very good though.

Don't have dt880s so don't know......................

Jul 11, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by fdhfdy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got one from them lately.Took one week arrived from China so not much complaint about the shipping. Regarding to the sound quality it's very nice for the price. Used to own a lehmann BLC which was to go with my hd650s, I could't tell much difference between them although ua188 is much cheapper. It comes with a usb dac so just get a printer calbe and connect it to pc then it goes. The amp part alone is very good. Dac is bit better than meier's uncontinuous amp "cantate aria" imo. I listen some pops, jazzs and new age and ua188 is a right amp for those kinds music. It's bassy,fast, and a bit forward. The only thing it doesn't have is clarity. For a amp priced at 140$ I won't expect too much as it's very good though.

Don't have dt880s so don't know......................

fdhfdy, is that the YULONG USB DAC DAH1 ? If yes, thanks for the mini-review. It looks cool with the blue display on the front, and the fact that it's an amp+DAC makes it convenient. As you say, with a USB cable, hook it up to your laptop and you're good to go. I guess for the price, we can't ask for everything. Clarity would be nice, though. Do you think the clarity would be better with different cans? For me, the Shanling is best with the K701.

Jul 11, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #7 of 14
I ordered little dot mk2 from audiophilechina.com. I hope it will not stuck on custom controll because of it's heavier weight.

Jul 11, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulyses /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered little dot mk2 from audiophilechina.com. I hope it will not stuck on custom controll because of it's heavier weight.

Congrats on the purchase! Please keep us posted on its arrival and your initial impressions. I have an earlier Little Dot II++, and I've always appreciated its warmth and power.

Jul 12, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by feifan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fdhfdy, is that the YULONG USB DAC DAH1 ? If yes, thanks for the mini-review. It looks cool with the blue display on the front, and the fact that it's an amp+DAC makes it convenient. As you say, with a USB cable, hook it up to your laptop and you're good to go. I guess for the price, we can't ask for everything. Clarity would be nice, though. Do you think the clarity would be better with different cans? For me, the Shanling is best with the K701.

Feifan, DAH1 is advanced version to my ua188. Used to have some k701s so I guess K701s can do a better job for clarity on ua188. BTW, Shanling's headphone amp is really nice and should gather more concerns. I like its soundings too.

Jul 12, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulyses /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Shouldn't be!. They don't care the weight but the value which is over 1000$ here in AUs. So it should be fine for the little dot2 to go to your country imo.

Jul 12, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #11 of 14
UA188 outstanding feature is the Headphone Amps, can drive a good DT880, USB / DAC ordinary performance.
If you want good USB / DAC + Headphone Amps, "DAH1 MARK II" is a better choice, it is good DAC + Headphone Amps

Jul 12, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by fdhfdy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shouldn't be!. They don't care the weight but the value which is over 1000$ here in AUs. So it should be fine for the little dot2 to go to your country imo.

Unfortunately that is not working that way here. Custom officers doesn't know anythink about headphone amps. And they think if heavy, it must be expensive. I bought a lens over 1000usd for my dslr. It wasn't any problem. But my friend bought an octavart 01 and it stucked in custom. And they know sellers can declare cost less. Especialy they pay extra attention product from china. So I am a little nerves right now.
confused.gif

Sep 2, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #13 of 14
I just got a used UA188 via ebay. Will post my comments. Also picked up the Lehmann Rhinelander Amp on ebay.

Will try to post a comment.

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #14 of 14
I haven't done enough listening on the UA188 to fully comment on the quality.

However, I opened it up and these are the components used:

Opamp is the BurrBrown 2134.

The DAC is driven by a BurrBrown 2704 chip.

You can see the board layout and internals here: Welcome to Audiophilechina

Users who are viewing this thread

Back