Yulong D200 32bit 384KHz DSD DAC
Apr 13, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #46 of 64
  No, all the answer I ever received is there. Check the thread for the most up to date info.

Arhh completely missed your post (41) saying it would be XMOS.  Half asleep
normal_smile .gif

Apr 19, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #48 of 64
They're on the Yulong website and on eBay! Is someone going in early?

Here's some interesting info:

1.LCD display shows the modes. Auto dim after 5 second idle.
2.Input selection. Cycles between Spdif, toslink, aes, usb when pushed. Sampling frequency will be displayed on LCD when signal is locked. DSD logo will be shown when a valid DSD signal is detected.
3.Digital filter mode selection. The default sharp mode has a flat response. When the LED lights up, it is in slow mode which has a slow roll off in high frequency (it is not functional in DSD mode)
4.Jitter eliminator selection. It is bypassed when LED lights up, and sound is tend to slower and softer. When it is on, the sound tend to more focus. However depends on the equipments, you may not hear a difference.
5.Headphone out. 
!!! Warning: The headphone jack on D200 is VERY tight, please make sure the headphone plug is fully inserted. In case of not fully inserted, the left and right outputs are shorted and will damage the headphone amplifier! The short circuit can not prevent this situation!!! We don't honor warranty to damage under this situation!!!!
!!! Warning:please turn the volume to minimum before connecting or turning on equipments. It may sound dangerous loud!
Tips: When in pure DAC mode, the headphone amplifier is shut off - however you may still hear minor sounds from the headphone jack. It is normal.

6.Volume control, turn to change output level in 80 steps. It controls all outputs. Press the volume knob for 1 second to change D200 into pure DAC mode. Volume control and headphone amplifier are bypassed in pure DAC mode.
!!! Warning: D200 outputs a full scale signal in pure DAC mode. You must have a volume control in your system, otherwise the output level could be dangerous high, and might permanently damage your equipment and hearing!!!! You may also face angry family members, neighbors and pets! We don't response to any damage under such condition.

7.Unbalanced analogue audio output
8.Balanced analogue audio output. It has an extremely low output impedance, and you can use it as a balanced headphone amplifier. Volume control must be turned on for such application, otherwise the headphone and your hearing may be permanently damaged. We don't response for such damage.
!!! Warning: Do not use regular XLR-RCA conversion adapters or cables , which normally short pin 3 to ground. You will damage the output stage!!! We don't response for such damage. Make sure pin 3 is disconnected if you want to use the balanced output as unbalanced.

9.Spdif coaxial digital input
10.Spdif toslink input
Tips: Some quality equipments have a poor digital signal quality, and might cause malfunctioning under higher bitrates. 

11.AES-EBU digital input
12.USB input. You must install driver for Windows system, and please download from http://yulongaudio.com/en/down.asp. 
You must make sure the playback software can self adopt digital file sample rate. ASIO and WASAPI is preferred. Play back software must support DSD mode doe DSD and SACD playback. When valid DSD signal is detected, the LCD will display input USB DSD

13.Voltage selection.
!!! Warning: Please make sure you choose correct voltage before connecting to mains power. Otherwise you may permanently damage D200 and your equipment. We don't response for such damage.

14.Mains power socket, power switch and fuse box. We include a back up fuse in the fuse cpmpartment.

Tips

Please let D200 warm up for at least 15 minutes for its best ability
Please make sure the air circulation - D200 is warm because of the design.
Please use high quality USB cable. Don't connect D200 via a USB hub, or extension cable (for example most USB ports in the front of tower case). Connect to the one directly on motherboard.

Make sure the mains power's grounding is working. Otherwise there might be a noise.

Apr 19, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #49 of 64
http://www.ebay.com/itm/new-Yulong-D200-32bit-384KHz-ESS9016-DSD-DAC-Headphone-amplifier-100V-240V-/251508472899?pt=US_Home_Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item3a8f12bc43
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-new-Yulong-D200-32bit-384KHz-ESS9016-DSD-DAC-Headphone-amplifier-100V-240V-/111329537306?pt=US_Home_Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item19ebc1ed1a

Apr 19, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #50 of 64
!!! Warning: D200 outputs a full scale signal in pure DAC mode. You must have a volume control in your system, otherwise the output level could be dangerous high, and might permanently damage your equipment and hearing!!!! You may also face angry family members, neighbors and pets! We don't response to any damage under such condition.

They make sure to cover EVERYTHING :D

Apr 19, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #52 of 64
No shortage of !!! Warnings
regular_smile .gif

Quote:
You may also face angry family members, neighbors and pets! We don't response to any damage under such condition.

That's a deal-breaker for me.  I was depending on Yulong to offer a 24 hour response service- with paramedic backup- to apprehend my neighbours as soon as they startng banging on the wall.

Apr 20, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #54 of 64
Is there anybody buying this dac very soon and able to compare it to other similar priced devices?
I'am about to by myself a dac in the near future and this unit is slightly above my price limit. I wouldn't mind raising it for a D200. Since I'am already very happy with another Yulong product (A 100) and the D200 could be pretty futureproof for me.
My main question is about how neutral will it be. I'am looking forward for having an neutral/analytical dac. I also know that there recent devices are more on the warm/smooth side.
Maybe we can expect another exceptional review by project86?

Apr 21, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #55 of 64
Asound, with what DAC are you pairing the A100 now?

Unless the D200 is going to get reviews that make it seem uninteresting, I will get this one at the very end of next month. Will compare to the D100 MKII and probably Schiit Vali. Wishing for neutrality from the D200 too.

Apr 21, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #56 of 64
Edit: With none. Either it is connected to my onboard sound card directly (Realtek ALC1150) or mostly to the cd player mentioned in my signature.

Apr 25, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #57 of 64
Apr 25, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #58 of 64
Andykong bought it, he will post some impressions soon (actually he already did somewhere, just not in english yet).
Here is his thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/715333/yulong-d200-impression-es9016-balanced-dac-class-a-single-end-headphone-amp-balanced-pre-amp

About the integrated amp, I'am not to shure if it is strong enough to drive headphones like the LCD-2. But somebody with (more) experience may can comment on that.

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #59 of 64
Andykong bought it, he will post some impressions soon (actually he already did somewhere, just not in english yet).
Here is his thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/715333/yulong-d200-impression-es9016-balanced-dac-class-a-single-end-headphone-amp-balanced-pre-amp

About the integrated amp, I'am not to shure if it is strong enough to drive headphones like the LCD-2. But somebody with (more) experience may can comment on that.

I have just put up my first impression, the translation from my Chinese sharing takes much longer then I expect, my apology for the long waiting.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/715333/yulong-d200-impression-es9016-balanced-dac-class-a-single-end-headphone-amp-balanced-pre-amp#post_10491532

Be reminded that the D200 is straight out of the box, and the setup is sub-par to my like, so please take that into consideration when you read my impression, I hope I can follow up with more detail and paring it with other headphone in near future, so please stay tune if you are interested in D200.

The driving power of D200 headphone out is roughly the same with DA8, but with a different presentation. I don't have headphone with very difficult load to test with, and I believe my Alpha Dog will be easier then the LCD-2 you mentioned, I'll check out the D200/Alpha dog combo for reference anyway.

The little secret is, the XLR out at the back of D200 can handle a Beyer T1 pretty well, I was amazed, so if you are in doubt of the driving capability of D200, check out the XLR out if you could, IMHO, it outperformed the A28! :D

By the way, what is the availability of D200 at the moment? Yulong said the first production run is a hefty 500 units, I suppose the oversee dealers should have their first batch by now.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 26, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #60 of 64
Thanks for the impressions Andykong. This is far better than google translation :) Edit: Nevermind, I saw you responded to the other thread. Thank you so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back