Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Nov 24, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #766 of 779
So my DIY PK3 finally conked out after over 3 years.

I tries buying a replacement vanilla PK3 from Amazon recently but got stung with a low quality fake. Can anyone recommend a reputable seller?

Jan 11, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #769 of 779
Just received a pair of from head-director as advised and they were also fake. Absolutely no bass. No change in sound whatsoever when you move sub 60hz from nothing to maximum on an EQ.

I really believe these aren't being made any more and the only ones in circulation are fakes.

May 29, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #773 of 779
Are you sure they are fake? I thought Massdrop got them from the maker? I got a pair of Yuin PK1 in a massdrop earlier this year and I have no reason to suspect that it is a fake.

Still, I have heard that there are a lot of Yuin fakes out there. I have bought 2 or 3 pairs of PK3's but the last time I bought a pair was 3 or 4 years ago...

May 30, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #774 of 779
I bought a pair from head-director a couple years ago and they sound amazing. Clean crisp highs, deep smooth lows, and a massive sound stage. The PK3's I just received from MassDrop have none of that. Unless Yuin sold out or cheaped out? 

May 30, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #775 of 779
Doing a side by side comparison now and the differences are substantial. Visually not a lot of difference. The only inconsistency I see is that the lettering on the new pair is faint and barely legible while the older pair is bold and white. Also the cable is about an inch shorter on the new pair. Sound wise the new pair is overly warm with almost no bass and the highs role off gradually. I would call the "nasally". not what I've come to expect from Yuin. I can remember the first time I used my first PK3's. I was blown away! "A pair of sub $50 earbuds can't sound this good!" The pair I received from MassDrop sound like a pair of earbuds that would come with an old walkmen.

Jun 12, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #776 of 779
After a little research it seems that Yuin is not making the same product it used to. I bought a pair of PK3s from headdirector on ebay (Yuin athorized dealer) and massdrop (buys direct from manufacture) recently and I thought they both were fake because the sound was so different from the pair I bought from headdirector 2 years ago but what seems to have happened is that Yuin has changed there product. can anyone confirm this? I like my old PK3s so much I wanted to buy a backup pair but I cant find a source for the same wonderful sounding buds I love so much.

Sep 30, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #777 of 779
  After a little research it seems that Yuin is not making the same product it used to. I bought a pair of PK3s from headdirector on ebay (Yuin athorized dealer) and massdrop (buys direct from manufacture) recently and I thought they both were fake because the sound was so different from the pair I bought from headdirector 2 years ago but what seems to have happened is that Yuin has changed there product. can anyone confirm this? I like my old PK3s so much I wanted to buy a backup pair but I cant find a source for the same wonderful sounding buds I love so much.

Sad to hear that :/

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #778 of 779

Good info. There's another drop on MD and will pass.

Oct 3, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #779 of 779
Doing a side by side comparison now and the differences are substantial. Visually not a lot of difference. The only inconsistency I see is that the lettering on the new pair is faint and barely legible while the older pair is bold and white. Also the cable is about an inch shorter on the new pair. Sound wise the new pair is overly warm with almost no bass and the highs role off gradually. I would call the "nasally". not what I've come to expect from Yuin. I can remember the first time I used my first PK3's. I was blown away! "A pair of sub $50 earbuds can't sound this good!" The pair I received from MassDrop sound like a pair of earbuds that would come with an old walkmen.
Whats a proper replacement for pk3 these days? I had the original ones and I had this same reaction, they were so good. I really need an earbud that can challenge the pk3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back