Yuin PK1's
Jan 7, 2011 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FlatNine

500+ Head-Fier
I have got to stop visiting here at head-fi. I haven't been around in a while and decided to see what was up. One thread lead to another, and wouldn't you know, my wallet gets mugged....again. At work, I had switched from my Ety's to the standard iPod buds. The Ety's are great, but too much isolation doesn't work for me at work. The Yuin PK1's have gotten such great reviews that I decided to give 'em a go. They should arrive in a few days. But I'm afraid that at 150 ohms, my wallet is going to be in the ICU after a severe beating - a headphone amp. Oh the pain!!

Jan 7, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #2 of 5
They work great on my Hifiman 601 without an amp. The S;Flo2 can drive them pretty well aswell. Would suggest to try them once with the Yurbuds, this works very well. Gives a little bit more isolation and the fit is perfect, read always good bas

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
They work great on my Hifiman 601 without an amp. The S;Flo2 can drive them pretty well aswell. Would suggest to try them once with the Yurbuds, this works very well. Gives a little bit more isolation and the fit is perfect, read always good bas

I'm not sure what you mean when you say to try the PK1's with Yurbuds. Are they a type of earpiece? I thought they were another EP brand.

The Hifiman *and* the Flo2? Pretty nice DAP's ya got there!

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Quote:

I'm not sure what you mean when you say to try the PK1's with Yurbuds. Are they a type of earpiece? I thought they were another EP brand.

It's a bud made of silicone which fit over the headphone bud (Apple or PK1 size). These give you a perfect fit of your headphones, even while sporting they won't fall out.

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's a bud made of silicone which fit over the headphone bud (Apple or PK1 size). These give you a perfect fit of your headphones, even while sporting they won't fall out.

Got it. Woulda helped if I Googled it, eh? Thanks for the tip (pun intended). I see Best Buy carries them for about $19.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back