Yuin OK2, some questions
Nov 12, 2008 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

arteom

1000+ Head-Fier
So I broke my Denon C700's, got a new pair in their place but won't be using them as I don't want to put anything in my ears anymore (have a problem with my left inner-ear). So I need another phones for portable use, mostly in the gym. What's left is clip on and earbuds. I should say that I am not of the opinion that a low quality headphone should work fine for the gym, I still listen to my music in the gym
smily_headphones1.gif
. The problem with clip-ons is fit for me. If they don't fit right they don't sound right, bass usually suffers because of fit. The other option is earbuds like the Yuin series. I've never had that best of luck with fit with earbuds (have used some cheapo earbuds) and would like to hear some comments on fit with the Yuin OK series. Looking at the OK series in particular as I don't plan on taking an amp to the gym. Right now they are on sale for $129.99 and they also pack a free fiio amp in there.

Do you guys think this is a good deal, would SQ be a downgrade coming from the Denon C700? I know I will loose isolation, but that is fine. Also open to other phones, but really don't want to look at anything that will go into my ear.

Nov 12, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #2 of 7
The OK2s are one of my favorite phones. Sound is very well balanced with good imaging. Comfort for me is much better than with clip-ons.

I have yet to hear a clip-on that matches the SQ of the OK2. I personally prefer it to the OK1. Highs are smoother and more accurate than in the OK3. They are VERY easily driven without the need for an external amp. The free Fiio would work very well with these buds.

Nov 13, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #4 of 7
Mine should be coming sometime next week.

I will compare it to Shure e500 and UE10 Pro.

Actually, I can not wait to compare Yuin to my modded Sony MDR-e888lp.

Nov 13, 2008 at 10:06 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by arteom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone know if head-direct allows returns if someone is dissatisfied with a product?

Yah they do.

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #7 of 7
Head-Direct customer service is among the best. Have no fear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back