Your Satellite Radio Pick?
Jun 17, 2005 at 9:04 AM Post #18 of 25
Xm subscriber for over 2 1/2 years and couldn't be happier...except for maybe that price increase earlier this year...
mad.gif

Jun 17, 2005 at 2:51 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
You also can't forget that Howard Stern will be on Sirius in 6 mos.

As I said earlier, I might have ended up with xm if it were not for the jam band station. Now that I've had it for over a year, I've been pretty happy with it.

Who cares about Howard Stern?
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

And dude - you really should check out the XM music lab. I am assuming that it is essentially the same thing as Sirius. I respect your opinions, but I just need to make sure that people know that XM has this too. It's got a nice lineup, from bands like Phish, SKB, Disco Biscuits, Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, Yes, King Crimson, etc. (just a few of the groups I like that I've seen on there pretty frequently).

Jun 17, 2005 at 3:05 PM Post #20 of 25
I don't care about H.S. but others might. I admit, that when he is on satellite I will tune him in from time to time.

I will have to check out that xm station. Doesn't sound like it is as limited to the jam band scene as I would like. You can get a 3 day trial on the internet of sirius. It might be worth checking out. The station is Jam On #17. It is all jam all the time. The dj's are into the scene as well. They will play parts of live shows. For example you might get a china cat > rider or scarlet > fire from the dead. They do that for Panic, SCI, ABB, Phish, etc.

Jun 17, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #21 of 25
i have sirius because my stereo is sirius ready, if it were xm ready i would have that.
last i heard, both companies are in debt, but i think that they have too much invested to go down without a fight. i expect both companies to stick around for a while.
both are $12.95 a month, both sound good, both have a wide selection of programming, either one is a good choice.
imo, xm hardware is nicer than the sirius stuff, i like there plug and play units the best.

Jun 18, 2005 at 8:36 AM Post #22 of 25
Since my house is equipped with Dish Network service, getting Sirius is simply a matter of paying a few more bucks a month. And since I'm an admitted Howard Stern fan(flame me, I don't care), my direction is pretty obvious. It would actually cost me alot more money to go XM anyway, since there's no capability for it anywhere in my house at the moment. Beyond that, I've heard that Little Steven Van Zandt has his Underground Garage show on Sirius somewhere, and I'm a big fan of his show as well. I think he's got some of the best music playing on terrestrial radio right now, IMO. I mean, where else can I hear mandatory Ramones?

biggrin.gif
Abe

Jul 11, 2005 at 9:47 PM Post #23 of 25
Hey you crazy kids, you...Well, wife wants satellite radio and our anniversary is coming up. I think I'm going to spring for sirius, if only because I like to listen to Howard's show. Should be great with no sensorship. I have to find out more about the equipment though..do you have to modify your car's reciever to work with satellite? Thanks in advance.

Steve

P.S. Im listening to Drinking & Driving by Black Flag, a real toe tapper.

Jul 12, 2005 at 7:58 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by desmoface
Hey you crazy kids, you...Well, wife wants satellite radio and our anniversary is coming up. I think I'm going to spring for sirius, if only because I like to listen to Howard's show. Should be great with no sensorship. I have to find out more about the equipment though..do you have to modify your car's reciever to work with satellite? Thanks in advance.

Steve

P.S. Im listening to Drinking & Driving by Black Flag, a real toe tapper.

You shouldn't have to do anything radical to your car's setup if your head unit(car stereo deck) is "Sirius Ready" or something- meaning that if you get some part or module, you can equip your car with the whole shibang. Many newer decks have the necessary parts to do so if they are Sirius equipped, but I'm no authority on the subject. A search to Crutchfield.com might have the info you need, but I probably wouldn't shop there unless you like paying retail until your wallet bleeds
eek.gif

Oh, and Black Flag is AWESOME.
cool.gif

5000smile.gif
Abe

Jul 12, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #25 of 25
I have several xm radios - one in my car one in hubby's car & one for my parents --- you mentioned getting a second radio for yourself -- any extra subscriptions after the 1st one can be put on a family plan & only cost $6 or so a month -- also the online subscription is free if you have a radio set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back