Your most unproductive day
Jul 15, 2003 at 11:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

bangraman

Headphoneus Supremus
Yesterday.

I got up.
I sat down and answered some emails, checked Head-Fi and other forums.
Put my sheets in the washing machine.
Cleaned the toilet. Needs more cleaning. (you probably didn't want to hear that
eek.gif
)
Hung out washing to dry.
Talked with some people on the phone.
Played a computer game.
I started to fiddle with a computer I haven't unpacked yet, and also a new PDA but it was too hot for technological hassles, so in the end just had a look and left it.
Talked with more people.
Had lunch (salad and beer)
Did more washing.
Drilled a few more holes and soldered a bit more bits for my Max Wart SS amp. Too hot so left that.
Started out trying to do more with some designs I'm working on. Too hot for any flashes of inspiration so left that too.
Hung out more washing.
Had more beer, checked Head-Fi and all the other forums I subscribe too. Answered more emails and talked to more people.
Had a shower.
Fiddled with my car connecting and disconnecting bits. Too hot. Leave it.
Cycled out to buy beer. Too hot for that too but hey, there was beer at the end of it.
Collected washing.
Talked to more people.
Cycled out to post some stuff.
Sat outside drinking beer.
Put on phones to listen to Wilco. Too damned hot, give up listening on phones and use crappy little speakers instead.
Answered more emails, checked forums again and set up PDA. Problems. Too hot for problems. Give up.
Unpack base of new PC. Take cover off and stare at it for a while holding various cards which are supposed to go inside. Put cover back and move PC out of the way. Put cards on top of PC.
Sat slouched with my mouth open for half an hour listening to the radio.
Picked at loose wallpaper in an incompletely decorated part of my house. Didn't actually put loose paper back.
Have another go with PDA. It sucks.
Went for a curry.
Had a shower.
Went to sleep.

Today's shaping up pretty badly too...

Jul 15, 2003 at 12:02 PM Post #2 of 32
That's about how my day went, minus the curry, beer, car, wallpaper, and new computer.

And at least there's a Southpark marathon on Canal Plus ATM.

edit - What PDA?

Jul 15, 2003 at 12:18 PM Post #4 of 32
Came to work, Made one programing change, surfed the web for two hours while waiting for program to run, made another programing change, surfed the web for two hours while waiting for program to run, made another programing change, surfed the web for two hours while waiting for program to run, made another programing change, surfed the web for two hours while waiting for program to run, made another programing change, surfed the web for two hours while waiting for program to run, made another programing change.

Jul 15, 2003 at 12:33 PM Post #5 of 32
checked e-mail/head-fi
skipped bfast
watched some dvds
paused dvd
fell asleep in the l-z-boy
woke up, unpaused dvd
yesterdays darks into the dryer
whites into the wash
went out to check on some tickets
checked head-fi
watched some sumo
out to get some cat food/litter
checked TdF updates
thinking about dinner...ramen?

Jul 15, 2003 at 1:53 PM Post #6 of 32
- Wake up around 9
- Surf web until 11
- Small breakfast
- Re-surf web until 12 (in case I just missed a big update... that's what I tell myself, anyways)
- Lunch at Chick-Fil-A
- Read
- Surf web for job openings, find none
- Play Guilty Gear X2
- Play FF X
- Help friend move to new apartment
- Dinner at Bojangles
- Watch WWE RAW
- Watch Futurama
- Watch Family Guy
- Eat ice cream
- Last web check
- Sleep

Jul 15, 2003 at 2:31 PM Post #7 of 32
I had an 'Office Space' kind of day before. Just did nothing and absolutly loved it.
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2003 at 3:30 PM Post #8 of 32
that's a hell of a lot more than what i used to do when i was unemployed:

Woke up around 3pm
Ate something
Pkayed Starcraft for a few hours
Watched some tv
Ate again
Playes Starcraft till the wee hours of the morning
Back to sleep

great huh?

I did this for 10 months...packed on 20 lbs in the process. Lost those 20 lbs in 4 months from working.

Jul 15, 2003 at 3:36 PM Post #9 of 32
I've been thinking for the last 3 days about my girlfriend moving out and the relationship breakup that occurred last Friday .

Generally, my day entails a good deal of sobbing interwoven into days that have been more busy than before the breakup. I had never loved anyone as I had loved her, and frankly it came as a bit of a surprise. My plans and my future vanished before my eyes, and I was left with emptiness. I'm beginning to redirect, but it still hurts.

I can understand why she did it, now. And I agree with her... mostly. We will both probably benefit from the break. But I guess I just wish it wasn't so final. Then again, that was part of the reasoning behind why we should be broken up...

Thankfully we remain on good terms -- she was my best friend as well and to lose both at the same time would be devastating.

Sorry about the little rant. But it helps me to just get some of my thoughts out sometimes.

Jul 15, 2003 at 4:31 PM Post #10 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
I've been thinking for the last 3 days about my girlfriend moving out and the relationship breakup that occurred last Friday .

Generally, my day entails a good deal of sobbing interwoven into days that have been more busy than before the breakup. I had never loved anyone as I had loved her, and frankly it came as a bit of a surprise. My plans and my future vanished before my eyes, and I was left with emptiness. I'm beginning to redirect, but it still hurts.

Geez.. sorry to hear about the breakup LobsterSan... I know the feeling.. and the sobbing interwoven days.
tongue.gif
(I had a similar experience in the last week, as well..
frown.gif
) As a friend told me, "Well, now you can get out and actually meet new people!".. Didn't help much.. but, still, just knowing you have that freedom when you want it, will comfort you later... (Hopefully)

My most umproductive day.. well, wake up at 7.. go to work at 8.. sit around at work and browse Head-Fi and eBay until 4.. Go home, nap, eat, IRC, check Head-Fi and eBay, time for bed.
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2003 at 5:52 PM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
[B
- Watch WWE RAW
- Watch Futurama
- Watch Family Guy
- Sleep [/B]

You'd get along real well with one of my friends. He loves all three of those shows.

Jul 15, 2003 at 6:20 PM Post #12 of 32
There must be something in the Berkeley air. I've been dealing with much of the same problems myself. Probably why I've been such a bitter prat of late. My limbo like status hopefully will be turning for the better, but this misery truly sucks the life from me until it does get better.

my day yesterday:

* woke up at 11
* unpleasant phone conversation for 1.5 hours
* played Counterstrike from1pm-7pm
*attempted to clean for 20 mins, turned on stereo (too hot for headphones)
* went back to counterstrike from 7:30-10:30pm
* Went to gym from 11:00-12:30am
* 1 hour on phone
* sleep

and now, I am back at work. joy of joys

Jul 15, 2003 at 6:29 PM Post #13 of 32
here is my usual day off...

wake up at 4pm...
check computer stuff...
watch a little tv, maybe read...
eat 'dinner'...
play video games for many hours...
go to slepp at 6am...

all while not getting out of my pajamas.
cool.gif

Jul 15, 2003 at 8:33 PM Post #14 of 32
Jesus, you guys are junior executives compared to me.

Woke up at 2pm.
Realised I had a hangover.
Went back to sleep until 6.
Dragged ass to the kitchen
Ate Ramen.
Barffed.
When back to sleep.

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life!"
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2003 at 8:47 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by chadbang
Jesus, you guys are junior executives compared to me.

Woke up at 2pm.
Realised I had a hangover.
Went back to sleep until 6.
Dragged ass to the kitchen
Ate Ramen.
Barffed.
When back to sleep.

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life!"
biggrin.gif

Man... you got up???

I don't know... I still consider barfing a somewhat productive day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back