Your Length of Computer Use Per Day
Mar 12, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #31 of 47
8-10 hrs. Mon thru Fri for work, more if I have a heavy workload with deadlines to meet. At home or on weekends I tend not to turn on my computer and if I do I usually spend no more than 2 hrs on it.

Mar 13, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #35 of 47
Computers are my livelihood, so I spend a lot of time in front of one....10-12 hours per day. Most of the time I have 3 going at the same time....2 desktops and one laptop...I like to multitask.
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #41 of 47
Too much.
Cause my wrist hurts a bit once in a while.

Apr 18, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #42 of 47
Get a wrist pad. The kind filled with beads work well for me, they wrap around your wrist and support it very nicely. So comfy.

I also want to say that there are a LOT more people than I expected who said they're on the computer more than 10 hours a day. That is just kind of insane, because I thought people like me who spend that much time were not so common.

Is it just because we're a forum full of geeks? How often do you guys go out and get active? I know for a lot of you, being on the computer is part of your job, but what about the rest of you?

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #43 of 47
6-8 hrs for me :O
I learn at high school computer science and we're learning C# so I need to practice it very often.
I have a final at the 28th :X

Apr 18, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #44 of 47
It's quite variable for me. Some days I only do about 4 hours between about 10 PM to 2 AM, and other days a lot more. My current record is still from when I was reinstalling all my software after I reformatted my computer, and I had to do it all in 2 days. I used that thing for almost 30 hours straight worth of listening to music from my MacBook and clicking the 'Install' button on prompts.

I picked 6-8, because it's an average after all.

Apr 18, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #45 of 47
Have pretty much lived in a room full of computers for years...home office...so it's for work, for research, for fun. Six hours + on the average day, 12 + on more intense days. At it's absolute craziest, it may have hit 18 hrs. on an occasion or two. Hardly any days would be less than 1 1/2 - 2 hrs except those "get out of town" vacation days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back