Your Length of Computer Use Per Day
Mar 9, 2008 at 1:25 PM Post #17 of 47
Between 4-6 hours, should be more but I'm fairly poor at motivating myself to do uni work. Would much rather spend my time procrastinating.

Mar 9, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #18 of 47
Far too many but then I'm an IT technician in the day and most evenings I'm hacking away on several programs. I'm lucky, I guess. I've never had any problems with eye strain and my last eye test came back fine. The key, I think, is regular breaks. Certainly at work I'm walking around as much as I'm in front of a screen.

Mar 9, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #19 of 47
Lets see....all day at work (7:30am - 4pm) then usually around 4 hours or so at night. Every so often I take a break from that and watch a tv show
tongue.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #20 of 47
Usually around 8 hours a day but more than 12 hours lately. After starting to feel pain in my wrists I began using an anti RSI programme (AntiRSI for Mac), which has been extremely helpful. It tells me to take 10 second micro breaks every 5 minutes and a longer break every 50 minutes. Time and break periods are customisable.

Mar 9, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #21 of 47
14+

Mar 9, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #24 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by iKonoKlast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I'm wondering how much time everyone spends in front of their computer... I've recently fully realized that for me it's about 10-12 hours on an average day. On weekends, it's virtually my entire day, minus eating time.

I'm in college now and it's true that I don't go out or socialize much. I see this just as a transitional period before I move on to my career, and I don't like wasting my time going to parties getting drunk and trying to know people.

I probably won't be changing my computer use habits anytime soon, especially because I do all of my homework and studying on it, but it's becoming a growing concern because I've realized a discomfort in my eyes and they're red all around the pupil... I can see the veins in my eyeballs pretty clearly. Does anyone else experience this? I'm also pretty tired all the time, although I'm getting about 7 hours of sleep a day (although at irregular hours... usually about 6am to 1:30pm)... maybe I should start working out again...

You're wasting irreplaceable time. You don't have to join the "let's get drunk and ****!" crowd to do things besides surf boring internet websites.

Mar 12, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #27 of 47
too long. I do everything in front my computer except for sleeping, driving, and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back