YOUR IDEAL HEADPHONE: What is yours if you could take one and tailor it to you?
Feb 27, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #31 of 97
Stax SR-009 at 1/3 the price..
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #32 of 97
Woody HD650 with deeper bass extension:D

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #34 of 97
Anything that I can wear glasses with...

Any kinda over-the-ear headphone is gonna be a tall order for that since the pads need to go right where the earpieces are. The best solution is super soft pads with a really rigid design, but even that won't necessarily prevent sound leakage.

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #36 of 97
A wireless capable HE-400 with slightly stronger mids, tamed sibilance and a suspension headband for <$600.  I guess basically a bluetooth enabled HE-560? :p

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #37 of 97
  I wear glasses all the time (I can't even walk around anywhere without them), and I haven't really encountered headphnones that I couldn't wear with my glases on.

There is not a single model of Sol Republic headphones that work with glasses. They ALL end up sitting wrong.

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #39 of 97
Jh13 the way it is

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #40 of 97
Basically, in a sonic sense, I've found my perfect headphone. It's the Phiaton Bridge MS500. The only changes I would make to it are the plating on the cables (currently silver. While they match the style, i worry about connectivity issues for the future), and the screws that hold the headphone together. They're plain screws now, but I would much prefer bolts like the ones on the DT770 Pro.

Oh, and I would like to have the pads custom formed to my ears, if that's even a thing.

Appearance is perfect as it is. Maybe add another red stripe to the cups.. maybe..

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #41 of 97
Sony MDR-MA900
1. Thicker earpads of velour material
2. Detachable cable
3. Thicker more durable stock cable
4, Deeper bass extension, but rest of sound the same
5. Everything else the same

Great for any genre, especially acoustic and orchestral music.

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #42 of 97
[COLOR=000080]Sony MDR-MA900[/COLOR]
1. Thicker earpads of velour material
2. Detachable cable
3. Thicker more durable stock cable
4, Deeper bass extension, but rest of sound the same
5. Everything else the same

Great for any genre, especially acoustic and orchestral music.

You can probably mod all those things.

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #43 of 97
Well I have no experience in DIY nor do I trust myself trying any of that as I know I would end up doing more harm then good.

I could probably pay someone to do a detachable cable mod and could probably then buy a more durable cable. Also, some of the velour Shure pads fit on the MA900 but the problem with the pads is they all change the sound. I don't think it's possible to get some nice velour earpads without altering the sound in a negative way.

As for deeper bass extension, I haven't seen anyone mention a mod that does that to the MA900 and I would want the rest of the sound to be unaltered because I do love the midrange and the soundstage. I wouldn't mind more treble but that's not exactly that big of a deal because I already like the treble how it is.

If there is a way to get all those things done without altering the sound (besides deeper bass extension) I would be glad to hear it or linked to someone that done it.

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #44 of 97
Well I have no experience in DIY nor do I trust myself trying any of that as I know I would end up doing more harm then good.

I could probably pay someone to do a detachable cable mod and could probably then buy a more durable cable. Also, some of the velour Shure pads fit on the MA900 but the problem with the pads is they all change the sound. I don't think it's possible to get some nice velour earpads without altering the sound in a negative way.

Look at the BTG Audio website for recabling options.

Do AKG velours fit (they make both straight and angled)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back