Your greatest audio experience..
post-15866252
Post #16 of 25

Nostoi

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
--- Sitting in my father's Mercedes 300CE coupe circa 1991 when I was kid listening to Slayer's "Seasons In The Abyss" at full volume while he played golf.
--- Sifting through Megadeth, Metallica, Manowar, Maiden on my Panasonic walkman during the summers and winters between 1988-1992 in SW Florida.

None of my present day high-end gear can compete with that.

post-15866369
Post #17 of 25

castleofargh

Sound Science Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Most of the time there are other influences for that experience I think. Meaning I’ve had it many times in life, yet more intense than the typical audiophile spine tingling?

I once did a mountain temple climb where you start out early in the AM and arrive at a lower Hindu temple where a priest has been preparing; then pray then drink holy-water. The ions of the water are regrouped due to the Sanskrit harmonics spoken by the priest into the water which then due to their affinity regroup your own bodie’s water ions. The new vibrational frequency changes your mental state.

This same technique is mainly used in India with milk. At that point you keep climbing up the mountain and witness both the elderly and children struggling to make it, if not at all. Finally after seven or eight temples of the same process you then attempt the climb down while in the unique state. The 300 foot jagged cliffs your looking down off of add to the experience as well as all you can see are the top of clouds. :)

For about ten years I believed the water had some style of tea or something which induced the state. I’ve actually shook hands with priests after a long ceremony to have the same feeling later transferred to me. That’s when I realized the story of the holy water is just the vibrational form. These ideas are simply us living in a higher vibrational state, giving us a clarity of thought?

These ideas predate modern scientific descriptions by about 2000 years, yet maybe someday this phenomenon can be factually substantiated?

At this point it’s along the lines of subjective nonsense? Hah.
It becomes nonsense the moment you try to explain it with pseudo science. People feel something or don't, for reasons. That certainly does happen and I have no reason to expect that you don't remember feeling the way you describe. But the ions in the water... and some "vibrational" impact on the mental state... that's not coming as a result from your experience of climbing staires and drinking water. Also not from some dudes 2000 years ago who had no clue what ions were. And it's most certainly not coming from science.

I remember Benveniste experiments on water, and the saga of replication attempts after that. And also that other guy freezing samples while playing different songs. he got his 15mn of glory too. and of course the homeopathy industry is always somewhere in the shadow of those guys. Either pulling the strings, or all too happy to give a voice to someone providing an excuse for their very existence.

post-15866387
Post #18 of 25

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
It becomes nonsense the moment you try to explain it with pseudo science. People feel something or don't, for reasons. That certainly does happen and I have no reason to expect that you don't remember feeling the way you describe. But the ions in the water... and some "vibrational" impact on the mental state... that's not coming as a result from your experience of climbing staires and drinking water. Also not from some dudes 2000 years ago who had no clue what ions were. And it's most certainly not coming from science.

I remember Benveniste experiments on water, and the saga of replication attempts after that. And also that other guy freezing samples while playing different songs. he got his 15mn of glory too. and of course the homeopathy industry is always somewhere in the shadow of those guys. Either pulling the strings, or all too happy to give a voice to someone providing an excuse for their very existence.
We are simply talking about subjective emotional experiences here? I’m not trying to prove anything, or disprove anything.

Cheers.

post-15867246
Post #19 of 25

bigshot

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
When I was a kid, I smoked a whole lot of dope then put on Dark Side of the Moon...

Reactions: justalocalidiot
post-15867278
Post #20 of 25

castleofargh

Sound Science Forum Moderator
Reaction score
We are simply talking about subjective emotional experiences here? I’m not trying to prove anything, or disprove anything.

Cheers.
That experience you had is one thing. Your explanation for it is an other entirely. I'm only challenging the latter of course.

When I was a kid, I smoked a whole lot of dope then put on Dark Side of the Moon...

post-15868193
Post #21 of 25

jwbrent

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Wilson Watt/Puppy 7s driven by a pair of Nagra VPA tube amps with Levinson Reference components as the front end. Bliss. 😌

Reactions: Redcarmoose
post-15872668
Post #22 of 25

Steve999

smooth, DARK
Reaction score
I can think of four that stick out:

First time I heard my step-father’s new stereo.
First time I tried a pair of Sony MDR-V6 headphones (this was when headphones were not very common).
First time I heard a CD (using aforementioned stereo and headphones).
First time I measured my room response and smoothed out the bass among other things (I had a massive elevation in bass due to room modes from about 20 hz to 60 hz).

All really big qualitative leaps in terms of fidelity.
:)

Reactions: Redcarmoose
post-15873272
Post #23 of 25

bigshot

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I think if I had to pick my ultimate sound experience, it wouldn't be recorded music. It would be the immolation scene from Gotterdammerung. It was astounding to be sitting in one of the best seats in the hall with a 110 piece orchestra arrayed out in front of me and a choir, an incredible bass and a world class Brunnhilde on the stage behind the pit. The directionality of the sound was incredible, I could pick out the location of every sound. There was a fullness from the hall reverberation. The voices cut through perfectly. At the end, as the music softened they did something in the orchestra to change the acoustic and make it softer and more distant sounding. I've never experienced anything like that on record.

Reactions: KeithPhantom
post-15873620
Post #24 of 25

oldmate

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
When I stopped listening to the shills, the idiots that spend hundreds on cables because they can hear a difference, all the other claims that fly in the face of physics and electrical engineering in general, and returned to buying cheap audio gear that measures well.

Last edited:
Reactions: m4ttgte
post-15873641
Post #25 of 25

KeithPhantom

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I think if I had to pick my ultimate sound experience, it wouldn't be recorded music. It would be the immolation scene from Gotterdammerung. It was astounding to be sitting in one of the best seats in the hall with a 110 piece orchestra arrayed out in front of me and a choir, an incredible bass and a world class Brunnhilde on the stage behind the pit. The directionality of the sound was incredible, I could pick out the location of every sound. There was a fullness from the hall reverberation. The voices cut through perfectly. At the end, as the music softened they did something in the orchestra to change the acoustic and make it softer and more distant sounding. I've never experienced anything like that on record.
I can't agree more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)