Your first eargasm?
Mar 12, 2009 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

David_N

100+ Head-Fier
What gave you your first eargasm? Feel free to go in to a little detail if you wish!
smily_headphones1.gif

[WARNING - The following posts may contain graphic content not suitable for all users]

Now that that's over with, here's my not so graphic story
smily_headphones1.gif

My mailman dropped off some GS1000's for me. I had been eyeing them for months, but had never been able to save up quite enough for them. I found a super deal on the forums here and paypal'd the money. They shipped that night, and now they're on my head.

I had a problem with my DACMagic - one of the relay's died - but it was quickly resolved with a visit to the local shop where they overnighted a replacement for me! Once that was fixed I came home and plugged in my new toy and my eyes lit right up!

I threw on some random music and was pretty impressed. I have to note, there has been a vacuum going in the background for the past half an hour, and the headphones are so good that it's not even bothering me.

I thought these were the greatest things ever made by man, until I threw on a 24 bit vinyl rip of OK Computer and listened to the first four tracks. Upon completion of the first four tracks, I took my headphones off for a second and looked around the room; in absolute disbelief. I had just confirmed that these headphones are the greatest thing ever made by man! I was supposed to go downtown tonight with some friends, but I've cancelled and decided to finish converting my music from FLAC to ALAC for compatibility purposes and listen to my new toy all night
smily_headphones1.gif

The detail in them is absolutely incredible. The bass. The mids. The highs. Everything is right where I want it! All with a nice $150 crap-amp! I'm hearing things I have never heard in several of my recordings. These are definitely something that's going to take a good bit of time out of my life for many years to come. Next up is a nice tube amp...

Now, let's hear your stories!

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 60
Ultrasone Pro 750, everything is there, soundstage, closed design, detail, bass, mids, highs, perfect for me, Than the Alessandro MS-2 more volume on each notes and sounds even better, lacks the soundstage.

Mar 13, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #7 of 60
I opened up my SR80's xmas morn and jumped right to the cd deck. Threw in a few random cds and stopped listening to everyone as my jaw dropped at how amazing they sounded. We aren't talking just details but entire chunks of music that I had never heard before. While everyone went to eat breakfast I stood in my living room for two hours marveling over every cd in my collection.

Mar 13, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #8 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by moomooemu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so with the gs1000 can you hear a difference between say flac and 320?

Umm.....I can hear the difference between those two with just about any headphones........

Mar 13, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #9 of 60
When I first heard my Grado SR60's after using ipod earbuds forever I was in heaven. Now I can actually hear that they're not perfect, but still great, and when I first heard them I couldn't believe it.

Mar 13, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #10 of 60
PX100s. Still remember the first song I listened to on them was Scar by Missy Higgins back when I listened to mainstream pop. Blew me away compared to stock earbuds :p

Mar 13, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #11 of 60
Guess there's a similar thread 'round here; anyway...
I went near to an eargasm yesterday evening, listening to "Crystal Tears" (a collection of compositions by Dowland and his contemporaries) by Stax 2050 system.
Scholl's voice was oh, so pure...

ciao
daniele

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:34 PM Post #13 of 60
For me it was the AD700s When I got them and pair them with the prelude I had I fainted.

But after Grabing the HFI-780 later on and then a HDAV13 I felt like I died and went to heaven.

Then even more so after pairing it with 2x OPA2134PA's and the stock LMA4562's in the buffer. as well as the OPA627AU's.

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #14 of 60
When i first listened to my MS1 , the first pair of "audiophile" heapdohones i tried, for about an hour i was not very impressed, but when i switched back to the phones i had been using previously...there it was my first eargasm...
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #15 of 60
I am sure that was the day I brought back my first Stax system, the SR-007BL and SRM-007t.
Just magical!
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back