Your favourite team sport you like to watch: American Football, Baseball, Basketball, Ice Hockey, Rugby, Soccer, ...?
Oct 3, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #17 of 82
Chicago_Bears_helmet_rightface.png
200px-Chicago_Bulls_logo.svg.png

Oct 3, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #19 of 82
American Football. The only other sport I was really ever able to follow was Cricket, and for the life of me, I cannot understand how anyone can follow an entire Test Match and find it an enjoyable way to spend time.

But no, American Football was the sport my dad always used to watch, and as such, it was the sport I developed the most interest in watching as I grew up.

Oct 3, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #21 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Women's beach volleyball? Does that count?

That's what I voted for.

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #22 of 82
American football. I love it.

However, a summer night watching a game at Dodger Stadium is one of life's great pleasures. It's warm out, the setting is wonderful and I love the 19th century pace of the game. No clock and there's time to chat, drink and enjoy between plays. It doesn't require laser-like focus on events. You can relax and enjoy. I think a lot of people miss that point.

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #23 of 82
Many years ago before I moved to Seattle, I went to a Dodger game. Scored tickets behind Homeplate. In front of all my buddies and me was Steve Garvey. He never refused a autograph for a kid. The Ushers were trying to shoo them away like flies but Steve never acted inconvenienced. Ken Griffey Jr was playing with the Reds and he made an incredible catch to steal the game. Great Game.

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #24 of 82
Funny, soccer is the second most voted sport, but no one posted a response on the thread. I grew up watching football (49ers!), so let me tell you why I like soccer better; it's less controlled. In football, the coach is probably the second most important person (and the first if your quarterback can't throw.) He has influence over the clock and the pace of the game. Soccer is a lot more organic; no time-outs for the coach and the coordinators to think things over. A lot more emphasis is placed on the intelligence of the players, and it really shows; it's 11 versus 11. When a really great player is on the field, all eyes are on him, and he's a god. Exciting stuff, I just have to think of Zidane against Brazil in 2006. The way he bossed the midfield when some people said he was too old, it gives me goosebumps. With all of Brazil's stars (Kaka in particular), no one could touch him. Shame about the final though, but like I said, it's real. So when something spectacular happens, it really happens, and the way players and the fans respond, it's with a lot of passion. My two cents.

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #25 of 82
OK my football story. My mom comes to visit me and my little brother from Bakersfield Ca. My wife scores some tickets from her work and my mom is willing to go if I can't find anyone to go with me. My mom is a football oracle. She has taught me a few things about the game. All the women in my family know football! So we go and barely find parking on Pike place. A long walk in the rain, Anyway we get there and all the doors are opened for us and the seats were apparently box seats under the shelter of the upper deck. My Mother was amazed of the sold out Quest Field on Monday Night Football. Loudest thing she has ever heard. Raiders lost, So what, great time with the other best football fan I know! Then we got pizza...... great day

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #27 of 82
Volleyball, but only the beach variant.

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #29 of 82
Football- I mean soccer.
biggrin.gif

I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back