Your favourite singers/vocalist
Aug 3, 2009 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

plonter

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all, I hope that there is no other thread on this subject.

I am just listening to aerosmith cd and I think that steven tayler is one of the best singers ever if not the best! and he still performs like a bad animal even in his age. that gave me the idea for this thread...just mention your absoloutly favourite singers/vocalist, and prefer to keep the list not too long..but if you have alot ,well..go for it.
also death/black metal vocalist count (ofcourse..!)
I will start with mine...

1. like I already mentioned...aerosmith's steven tayler. crazy highs this beast can go up to! and not a single slipping in the notes.

2. I am not a big listenier of a lot of famale vocals, but from the few I know the best was discovered only a few months back...her name is Anneke van Giersbergen which is the leading singer of "the gathering" . listening to her is like being on drugs.
icon10.gif

3.moving to the metal scene.. the leading singer of symphony x russel allen. not much to say, except a great singer with graet capabilities and also a lot of soul.

4. how can I not mention rob halford, the singer of judas priest.best heavy metal singer IMO (I should say sorry to iron maden's leading singer).

5. another female singer is the "skunk anansie" leading singer, she is also awsome.

6. bryan adams..also a great song writer but very rare husky voice.

I can list great names all night becasue there are too much choises, but I will let you to fill the holes ,so start throwing names.

Aug 3, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 39
For me, for sheer beauty - Al Green. For power, authority and classicism - Mick Jagger. For indie import - Stephen Malkmus.

Aug 3, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 39
Tom Waits, Allison Moorer, Neko Case, Mark Kozelek, Amy Allison, Ron Sexsmith

Aug 3, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #5 of 39
the guys from Type O Negative, specifically Peter Steele

Aug 3, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #8 of 39
Joni Mitchell, Marvin Gaye, Michael McDonald, Biggie Smalls, The Beach Boys....among others....

Aug 4, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #11 of 39
I am a huge fan of Jeff Mangum. Just listen to Oh, Comely from In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. One of the few vocalists who can convey emotion to me in a true sense.

Aug 4, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #12 of 39
Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Audioslave)
Devin Townsend (SYL, Devin Townsend Band)
Mike Patton (Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, etc)
Matthew Bellamy (Muse)
Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)
Gavin Hayes (dredg)

Aug 4, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #13 of 39
Thom Yorke, H.R,Zach De La Rocha,Ed Droste,Joe Strummer.

Aug 4, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #14 of 39
Rock:Jared Leto ,Freddie Mercury, Queen , Robert Plant
Jazz: Sarah Vaughan, Nina Simone, Peggy Lee

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #15 of 39
Alphabetical Order:

Chino Moreno
Corey Taylor
Dave Peters
Jesse Leach
Jonny Lang
Keith Buckley
Mark Hunter