Your favourite singers/vocalist
Apr 20, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #32 of 39
I like a lot of the vocalists already mentioned, such as Sade, Bjork, Anneke van Ginsberg Devin Townsend, and others.

I will add Sharon Den Adel, front singer of Within Temptation. Check out her song with Armin Van Buuren, In and Out of Love. The music video is in HD, but you could probably ignore the video part. She has an amazingly high soprano.

Amy Lee of Evanescence is awesome. Such feeling. Watch "Imaginary" live in Paris on Youtube.

Lacey Mosley of Flyleaf is very interesting. I like their first album and EP better because it is more raw and because she sceams, which she is good at. I wouldn't necesarily call her a good vocalist, but she can rock, shich I love.

There are many other female singers that are great, but I will revisit this thread.

For males, I have many favorites as well.

i have always loved David Draiman of Disturbed. The power he can put through his voice is crazy. He doesn't need to scream, and rarely does so. He growls, howls, and sings out the lyrics in a crazy manner. He is most famous for his wah-ah-ah-ah and ah-ah-ah-ow guttural noises. Check out Stricken for a demonstation of that. In "Indestructible" and "Deceiver" he shows what a powerful voice he has. Deceiver is explicit, so be careful where you watch it.

David Gilmour of Pink Floyd and his solo works is great. He is a real musican, and whether he is singing something sentimental like Wish You Were Here, something upbeat like Money or This Heaven, he is great. He combines his voice with his great guitar skills, too.

Whoever sings for Porcupine Tree is great. Like Pink Floyd but better in some respects.

Patrick Stump of Fall out Boy and Brendon Urie of Panic At the Disco are both great for their ranges. It is so easy to have fun when listening to them.

James Labrie, is great. He has an unusual voice, and a large range. I think he is better when in his solo projects. Check out Crucify and This Is War.

Donald Fagen and Walter Becker of Steely Dan are both great. They have a tight sense of timing, and can definitely bring the irony when they want to.

There are so many good artists, but again, i will revisit this thread. Great idea!

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #33 of 39
@ GeorgeGoodman

If you like Evanescence, Within Temptation and Flyleaf, you'll probably like Fireflight as well

Dec 27, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #38 of 39
Tim Mcilrath (Rise Against): "Give It All"
Corey Taylor (Stone Sour and Slipknot): "The Devil In I" & "Bother"
Freddie Mercury (Queen): "Somebody to Love"
Kurt Cobain (Nirvana): "Lounge Act" About this one; he's not exactly a great singer, but nobody else could do what he did. Nobody else could have his sound with his emotion.
Steve Wilson (Porcupine Tree): "Trains"
Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin): "Ramble On"
Anthony Kiedis (Red Hot Chili Peppers): "Soul to Squeeze" 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back