Your Favourite Pink Floyd Album?
Jul 17, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #61 of 95
Track wise, the first Floyd song I heard was "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" (Saucer full of Secrets), and being a sentimental old fool, I have rather a soft spot for it. Another Barrett era favourite would include Interstellar Overdrive (Piper at the Gates of Dawn) which also takes me back to my old school days when we swapped LP’s around the class, recording them onto C90 cassettes.

Post Barrett (another band altogether, really) it would have to be Wish You Were Here which was played at my 19 year old cousin’s funeral. Not a dry eye in the house. I’d have it at my funeral too, if there was time. The track list would already make it an all day affair!

Jul 17, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #62 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, definitely. In fact I prefer much prefer the 4 Ummagumma live tracks to their studio versions.

Yes but the best version of SFOS is on Pompeii. As well as STC. I do enjoy the Ummagumma versions but David's vocals are buried on SFOS in the Ummagumma version. And that's the best part.

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #63 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyalfa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Post Barrett (another band altogether, really) it would have to be Wish You Were Here which was played at my 19 year old cousin’s funeral. Not a dry eye in the house.

Thanks, now I'm crying.
redface.gif

Jul 21, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #64 of 95
I would have to say Meddle is my favorite, followed by Animals

Jul 22, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #66 of 95
The Wall is definitely the best...
My sophmore english class actually listened to this album.
The album pretty much exemplifies an endless cycle lyrically and musically.
I have to listen to this album when i get my technicans

Jul 22, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #67 of 95
Wish You Were Here , Dark Side OF The Moon, The Wall, Pipers At The Gates of Dawn.

Jul 23, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #68 of 95
Wish You Were Here is the best in my book.

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #70 of 95
Atomic Heart Mother.

The first Pink Floyd album that I ever heard. I was babysitting and I had been given permission to play whatever I wanted on the stereo. I found a cool album with a cow on it. I played it and loved it. That same evening I found a copy of Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 and read it. Best thing yet, I got paid to listen to Atomic Heart Mother and read Bradbury!

Now I'm a professor and I teach courses in the sociology of music, popular culture, and sociology of literature and film. I still get paid to listen to Pink Floyd and read Bradbury. I wonder what would have happened if I'd listened to Frank Zappa's Chunga's Revenge and read William Burrough's Naked Lunch.

Cheers!

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #71 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by yashicaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder what would have happened if I'd listened to Frank Zappa's Chunga's Revenge and read William Burrough's Naked Lunch.

Maybe you would have chosen "DrBenway" as your Head-Fi handle.
icon10.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #72 of 95
Then there would have been 2 of us. I wonder which one of us would have be the evil twin?

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #73 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by yashicaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then there would have been 2 of us. I wonder which one of us would have be the evil twin?

In other words, which Benway would out-Benway DrBenway?

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #74 of 95
The A side of Atom Heart Mother is indeed epic and stunning. Can't get enough of it! The overall warmness pleases the ear from beginning to end!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back