Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
eek.gif

how big is it in real life?

About 18inches high.
The ball of red leds contains another smaller ball orange leds , the picture
does not really do it justice.

Nov 25, 2005 at 2:35 PM Post #33 of 62
Blue and Purple are often too hard to look at (actually my eye doesn't even properly focus on purple), red, amber and yellow seem too irritating to me - they're the best to indicate some kind of danger or malfunctioning. White is too boring, so green is my favourite.

Nov 25, 2005 at 2:39 PM Post #34 of 62
Red, in most cases. There's something very 'serious' about it that makes me feel it's pumping out serious music
tongue.gif
. Those bright blue LEDs remind me too much of glowing lights inside gaming PCs, too frivolous.

Nov 25, 2005 at 2:59 PM Post #35 of 62
Quote:

how big is it in real life?

what's real life and will I know it if I see it ?
wink.gif

Quote:

Those bright blue LEDs remind me too much of glowing lights inside gaming PCs, too frivolous.

I used them when they were new and hard to find (plus cost a lot) but quit as soon as they were consdered fashionable.If I can't march to the beat of my own drum I ain't marching at all and if everyone uses blue leds my 1st choice would be "anything but blue" just because
tongue.gif

Quote:

Red, in most cases.

Pretty much still the best look on a black panel

Quote:

Lots and lots of soldering!
Best part of 1000 leds in it.

kinda on that has anyone tried one of the new (well newish anyway) Nation color organ chips ? They do look interesting and even look like a mini LED RTA could be made with a few and I really DID mean to try a couple by now but....

Nov 25, 2005 at 3:06 PM Post #38 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
If I can't march to the beat of my own drum I ain't marching at all and if everyone uses blue leds my 1st choice would be "anything but blue" just because
tongue.gif

I sure seem to be marching to the beat of my own drum with "yellow" if the poll is anything to go by LOL!

Well, I like it
smily_headphones1.gif

13.jpg

Nov 25, 2005 at 3:10 PM Post #39 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbz
get with the times people, blue is out, white is in, the same goes for thoes males out there with pink shirts. that's sooo 2004.

Pink is "in" I tell you...... pink will always be cool I mean just look at this guy
tongue.gif

pink.gif

Nov 25, 2005 at 3:42 PM Post #40 of 62
Quote:

I sure seem to be marching to the beat of my own drum with "yellow" if the poll is anything to go by

And you know that suits me fine.If yellow came up #1 I would have to start yanking them out of my gear and replace them with [size=small]HUGE[/size] guitar amp neon jewel lights just to be different again
cool.gif

If it wasn't so damn painful I would wear two left shoes just so folks knew I was my own person and followed no crowd even though once the conversation started there would be little doubt
tongue.gif

Nov 25, 2005 at 3:53 PM Post #41 of 62
but rick, blue is just about the coolest colour ever.
basshead.gif

i remember a few years ago i was in singapore with my ex and her family, her brother wanted to get the green led's in his phone replaced with blue or white. her dad dared me to get pink leds, i was probably the only person in my city with a nokie 6150 that lit up pink. i got some strange looks when i answered it in nightclubs
k1000smile.gif

Nov 25, 2005 at 4:16 PM Post #42 of 62
Quote:

but rick, blue is just about the coolest colour ever.

Cool is an exclusive club with limited membership and is something you either have or don't.It is not a thing that can be planned or forced but comes natural to some.
When everyone is allowed membership in the "cool club" it stops being "cool" and becomes "fad" which is the ant-cool or put another way very uncool and to be avoided like a contageous and deadly disease by the truly cool.

Cool never follows but leads and by the time others have caught up the cool have already moved on to new things and this game of "wants to be cool" human is always playing catch up in a losing battle.Poor them
wink.gif

Nov 25, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #43 of 62
Quote:

i was probably the only person in my city with a nokie 6150 that lit up pink. i got some strange looks when i answered it in nightclubs

[size=small]now THAT is COOL ![/size]

Nov 25, 2005 at 4:30 PM Post #45 of 62
if i get a pair of HF1's and litz braided ebay wire interconnects and put a blue LED in my amp i will be cool, yah?
rs1smile.gif
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back