Your favourite colour of LED?
Nov 22, 2005 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 62
Voted for blue. The least irritating colour if the LED is too bright in the dark. Would it be too complicated to make power-on indicating LED´s brightness depending on the light conditions in the room?
confused.gif

Nov 22, 2005 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glod
Voted for blue. The least irritating colour if the LED is too bright in the dark. Would it be too complicated to make power-on indicating LED´s brightness depending on the light conditions in the room?
confused.gif

Just needs a photoresistor and another regular resistor!

Nov 22, 2005 at 11:15 PM Post #4 of 62
Blue! No, yelloooowww...aahhhhh!

Nov 23, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #9 of 62
I would say Blue and Purple. There's some very nice purple (UV) LED's from Allelectronics that look great.. The girlfriend has really fallen for the purple ones and now wants a black millett hybrid with purple lighting the tubes (hopefully the UV won't cause any problems...)

Nov 23, 2005 at 6:17 AM Post #10 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glod
Voted for blue. The least irritating colour if the LED is too bright in the dark...

My thoughts exactly. Besides, I gotta support my school colors
tongue.gif

Nov 23, 2005 at 7:15 AM Post #11 of 62
i love the blue led in my bulgin button which will be in the front of my amp, some day... some day...
k1000smile.gif

Nov 23, 2005 at 8:44 AM Post #13 of 62
purple. it's like a blue that's not irritatingly bright even when it is bright. and best part, those things produce a lot of UV light, more so (relatively speaking) than blue
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back