your favorite musical genre?
Oct 4, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #211 of 245
This is a very complicated issue as my fav. artists tend to change from time to time. Rather i ll just name the artists i m listening to now.

Al Di Meola
Norah Jones
Depeche Mode
Modern Talking
Boston
Dio
Dire Straits
Eagles
Eric Clapton
George Harrison
Satriani
The Moody Blues
Megadeth
Scorpions
Pink Floyd
Rainbow
Opeth
ABBA
Air Supply

Cheers to whoever has similar tastes!!! 
beerchug.gif

Oct 5, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #214 of 245
I like post-hardcore:) I wonder should it be considered noise music?

Definitely not. post-hardcore is an offshoot of punk rock and it sounds a lot like punk rock.

Noise music is just... well, so much different. This is Noise music... a whole different beast from post-hardcore all together:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba1oxuIIY1I[/VIDEO]

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #215 of 245
I like post-hardcore:) I wonder should it be considered noise music?

Definitely not. post-hardcore is an offshoot of punk rock and it sounds a lot like punk rock.

Noise music is just... well, so much different. This is Noise music... a whole different beast from post-hardcore all together:

I agree. Noise music is nothing like post-hardcore. A lot of noise is something I like to call 'a sonic experience' rather than music. It's often a bit in between Industrial, Drone and Ambient.

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #216 of 245
Extremely difficult to narrow it down. I'd say it's mainly electronic, ambient, hip-hop, neo-classical, and folk/indie folk. Yes, I'd say all of those are my favourites.

Oct 8, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #219 of 245
I'm also a metal guy at heart. It's what I grew up with as a teen and still find myself digging the hell out it, along with newer artists expanding the envelope. However, I've branched out quite a bit since then. Whereas metal made up a good 80%+ of my listening in high school, I listen to a lot of other music, too, and try not to pidgeonhole myself with any one type of sound.. although it's kind of natural to stick with 'what you know best' and that's often Metal.. and over the last few years, Electronica (typically of the chillout variety).

Oct 8, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #220 of 245
The Metallic variety, but now with good headphones i want other things to listen to.....

Jan 10, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #222 of 245
Bumping this.

My music taste is still mostly metal but i have become a large fan of electronic like dubstep, trance, etc.

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #224 of 245
I tend to view genres in tiers.  I like artists and aspects of all of them, but some resonate more deeply with me than others.  My top tier is jazz (my overall favorite genre, but I especially love hard/post-bop, modern fusion, female vocal-driven, and piano-driven ensembles), electronic music (my most listened to genre over the last 4-5 years, particularly futurepop, trance/vocal trance, progressive house, and darkish synth pop), and metal (my most listened to genre overall, I especially enjoy melodic death, progressive in a broad sense, and gothic).  My second tier includes blues, reggae, bluegrass, Indian classical, and then rock and pop, the latter two of which I don't have as much intellectual fondness for, but have spent much more time listening to.  So I voted for my top tier three genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back