your favorite musical genre?
Apr 22, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #31 of 245

Quote:
The only genre I listen to that doesn't seem to get better with proper equipment is metal, but 80% of my metal is black metal so that may an explanation..
wink.gif

Bingo!

Apr 22, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #33 of 245
Listen to this hip hop at www.phantastic.me

I bet you'll like it no matter what kind of music you normally listen to!

It's neo conscious, not gangster rap that you might associate with hip hop/rap. Think Lupe Fiasco vs Jay-Z.

Apr 23, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #34 of 245
Love to hear some blues, jazz or classic.. but good rock is what I go for most of the time and whatever my mood is... There are songs and bands for any mood, time, occasion for me :)

Apr 23, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #35 of 245

Quote:
Love to hear some blues, jazz or classic.. but good rock is what I go for most of the time and whatever my mood is... There are songs and bands for any mood, time, occasion for me :)

I'm like you except the opposite. Classical is my go to genre with every type of mood and feeling. Most of my rock is sad to me.

Apr 23, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #38 of 245

Quote:
Quote:
I'm like you except the opposite. Classical is my go to genre with every type of mood and feeling. Most of my rock is sad to me.

Hmm, what rock do you listen to? I do the entire gambit which is on average uplifting.

A lot of Red Hot Chili Peppers and other random songs here and there. My rock collection is not very big.

Apr 23, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #40 of 245
Apr 23, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #41 of 245

Quote:

Lot of rock stuff might sound sad, but not all, really. Guano Apes (not a very famous band, but the singer is really great) have some powerfull songs. "No Me Moleste Mosquito" by the Doors always sounded funny to me, it was a song we used to listen with some other mates in College.
"Born To Be Wild" gives me a big smile and a furious envy to get on my bike and go anywhere the road can take me. "Foxy Lady" feels cool too. And "Corpus Christi Carol" (Jeff Buckley) is so emotional, with his incredible voice.

So yeah, it might sound sad for most of the "rock" song, or at least angry or furious. But I found my way in there, I'm like at home in a way :) ANd I didn't talked about some french band, but I know 2 or 3 of them which have really funny songs, which feels really good to hear :)

Unfortunately, I don't know much in classical music. Just listen to some stuff I've got from my parents or that I gathered here and there.

Apr 24, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #44 of 245
am i one of the only people who doesn't enjoy classical and finds it rather boring? i prefer music with energy and power to it, hence why i listen to metal and rock.

Apr 24, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #45 of 245

Quote:
am i one of the only people who doesn't enjoy classical and finds it rather boring? i prefer music with energy and power to it, hence why i listen to metal and rock.

Hopefully one day you will discover the experience of classical music. It is much more than catchy melodies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back