Your favorite career artist/group
Jul 11, 2002 at 6:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

finleyville

100+ Head-Fier
This thread is to explore those artists in which you like EVERY album that they released. Maybe you didn't like every song, but definitely every LP. This is definitely more difficult in the popular genre than say jazz or blues. The latter styles don't usually vary much, but the former can.

My artists/groups are:
Toad the Wet Sprocket
Tears for Fears
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Yellowjackets
Seal
Tonic
Brad
Enigma

Some above are not difficult for they only released maybe 2 albums. However, TtWS, Tears, SRV, and Yellowjackets have released over 5 or 6 apiece. Sometimes when an artist change their sound or style, I will like the change as much as the original but not usually. What are yours?

Jul 11, 2002 at 6:43 AM Post #2 of 46
dubstar - 3 albums all different
radiohead - liked them all including pablo honey and kid a
orbital - one great album after another
Way Out West - only two albums, but both are excellent

Jul 11, 2002 at 7:07 AM Post #4 of 46
U2 - though it took some time to appreciate some of them, I genuinely like all of their albums (and love several of them) and really enjoy following the constantly evolving/changing sound. The contrast between Boy and something like Zooropa is quite prominent, but all of it's still got that spark that is distinctly U2. Can't wait for the next album, hopefully it'll be harder hitting than All That You Can't Leave Behind (though I love the album as it is).

Jul 11, 2002 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 46
the doors

Jul 11, 2002 at 8:08 PM Post #6 of 46
Marillion. except for the few I don't have (can't judge those) I like them all. a couple of them are in the top ten of all time, and one or two (Radiation specifically), are not upto that level, but I still like them. if you compare their early work with their more recent stuff, you wouldn't say they're the same band (well, they did change drummers early on, and vocalist later on, but besides that).

Arena. (with former Marillion drummer
tongue.gif
) only four albums (excludeing the EP, which should be good too) so far, but each one is a joy. for casual listening I like Visitor a little less, but for a dedicated session it's brilliant (also generally regarded as one of the most interesting progrock releases of the late 90's).

those are the only ones of whom I know the entire catalog, so there ya go.

Jul 11, 2002 at 8:23 PM Post #7 of 46
anything bill leeb or rhys fulber ever touched.

also,
orbital
hooverphonic
depeche mode (perhaps minus SOFAD)
new order
future sound of london

plus a bunch of artists who only have one album out so far
tongue.gif

Driftwood

Jul 11, 2002 at 8:53 PM Post #8 of 46
portishead
massive attack (okay, so the remix one isn't that great..)
radiohead
sunny day real estate
hum
marilyn manson
tori amos (venus wasn't that great, though)
modest mouse

Jul 11, 2002 at 10:49 PM Post #10 of 46
- Tori Amos
- Garbage
- Megumi Hayashibara
- Boa
- Weird Al

Jul 12, 2002 at 1:08 AM Post #12 of 46
The Tragically Hip
U2
Our Lady Peace
Matthew Good Band
Radiohead
Jars of Clay
Underworld
Miles Davis
John Coltrane
Chicane

Jul 12, 2002 at 1:34 AM Post #13 of 46
Gil Scott-Heron.

No contest. No question. No peers. He never sold out. He never cared if he crossed-over. He just wrote his poems, made his music, and shared his pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back