Your Favorite Band of All Time
Dec 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #106 of 172
hard to pick one so I'll do a list, though it varies from day to day, depends on how I feel...

BANDS                                                GENRE

1.August Burns Red --------------------------- (Metalcore, the best in breed)
2.Bewteen The Buried And Me--------------(prog metal? just BTBAM)
3.Protest The Hero-------------------------------(Prog metal)            
4.Periphery------------------------------------------(prog metal/djent/etc)
5.Animals As Leaders---------------------------(prog metal/jazz fusion/max virtuosity)
6.Opeth------------------------------------------------(prog metal/ black metal/prog rock)
7.Deftones--------------------------------------------(alternative metal,experimental)
8.Enter Shikari--------------------------------------(post hardcore,electronic)
9.Veil of Maya--------------------------------------(Technical Death Metal)
10.The Fall Of Troy-------------------------------(post hardcore, progressive,mathcore)

that's roughly my top ten, again, it varies... bands that will always have a place in my heart are RHCP, Green Day and Iron Maiden, they are just how I got into music:dt880smile:

F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. is by Fall Of Troy right?

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #107 of 172
Though my favorite rock band ever is Pink Floyd I must take a bow in front of Rolling Stones.

Have you heard to the latest song titled "Doom and Gloom"?

These guys have being producing great hits for decades, while Pink Floyd had not been so constant.

Great song. I just got GRRR!. Best copilation album by them. No comments, I have the 85 song edition. Plus I also got the Doom And Gloom Single. In fact, Led Zep is considered the best Rock band ever. I don't think so... These guys release The Rolling Stones in 1969, Route 66... I love that song! Plus, they are just amazing, almost 70 and recorded a new single, almost everyone of their albums have been #1, A Bigger Bang, they played the half-time show in 2006 (superbowl) being 60, and all of their accomplishments!

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #108 of 172
Quote:
F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. is by Fall Of Troy right?

Yeah! 
L3000.gif
 why you ask?

BTW, awesome Avatar!! got to see them last year

Dec 24, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #109 of 172
Anybody who has seen a few of my posts before probably knows that my favorite band is Genesis. I have virtually every one of their albums (studio and live), both the box sets of rarities, and even some bootleg stuff I'd be happy to pay for if anybody ever bothered to release it commercially.

That said, I like a lot of groups, and several have fought in the past for the title of favorite band.

Dec 24, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #110 of 172
Quote:
Great song. I just got GRRR!. Best copilation album by them. No comments, I have the 85 song edition. Plus I also got the Doom And Gloom Single. In fact, Led Zep is considered the best Rock band ever. I don't think so... These guys release The Rolling Stones in 1969, Route 66... I love that song! Plus, they are just amazing, almost 70 and recorded a new single, almost everyone of their albums have been #1, A Bigger Bang, they played the half-time show in 2006 (superbowl) being 60, and all of their accomplishments!

The Stones, #1 greatest rock band in history for me.

Dec 24, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #111 of 172

Dec 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #113 of 172

The Stones, #1 greatest rock band in history for me.

+1 Even though this is my list.

1) Red Hot Chili Peppers
2) Blink 182
3) Nirvana
4) Pearl Jam
5) Foo Fighters
6) Alice In Chains

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #114 of 172
Quote:
Because I wasn't sure, I haven't heard it since 2008 I think.
Thanks! They're my fav band.

Yeah TFOT got a lot of play when F.C.P... was on Guitar Hero... they have a lot more though, Their last album got heavily panned but I actually liked it
beyersmile.png

Doppelganger and Manipulator are brilliant.

I got into music overall because of RCHP and some other bands, that my father introduced me to when I was 8 (I'm 15 now). My tastes have changed but some bands like RHCP will always have a place in my heart

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #116 of 172
Because I wasn't sure, I haven't heard it since 2008 I think.

Thanks! They're my fav band.

Yeah TFOT got a lot of play when F.C.P... was on Guitar Hero... they have a lot more though, Their last album got heavily panned but I actually liked it:beyersmile:
 Doppelganger and Manipulator are brilliant.

I got into music overall because of RCHP and some other bands, that my father introduced me to when I was 8 (I'm 15 now). My tastes have changed but some bands like RHCP will always have a place in my heart

They are simply amazing for me. It's so emotional you feel like they are your friends playing with you in your garage. The funny thing is I discovered them in 2006 (I was 6) and it wasn't because of Snow, Dani, Californication or some hit song like that. It was Emit Remmus, Porcelain (slowest song ever) and If You Have To Ask. The only 2 hits were Under The Bridge and Give It Away. And by the way, (pun intended) I remember I listened to FCP on the radio first, then on GH.

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #118 of 172
1. Radiohead
2. Neil Young
3. The Beatles
4. Pink Floyd

Frank Zappa, Fela Kuti, James Brown, Medeski Martin & Wood, John Scofield, Pat Metheny, The Doors, Grateful Dead

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #119 of 172
1. Black Sabbath
2. Metallica
3. Megadeth
4. Nevermore
5. Sheavy 

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #120 of 172
A-List
Pink Floyd
Radiohead
Led Zeppelin
Rush