Your Favorite Band of All Time
Nov 16, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #91 of 172
Dave Brubeck Quartet

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #98 of 172
My favorite band of all time is Sublime. The lead guitarist and singer had a unique voice that I haven't heard from any other reggae/rock bands. Sublime also shaped the reggae/rock/ska scene and are revolutionary in the music scene. Their song writing mixed with their influential style was ingenious. My favorite solo artist, is Aesop Rock whom is an underground indie hip hop rapper. His interpretative songs are written with heavy use on metaphors, allegory, folk, story and it just sounds so sweet the way he raps.

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #100 of 172
Led Zeppelin

Stevie Ray Vaughan 

Joe Bonamassa

I listen to a ton of different types of music, but those are the big three for me.

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #102 of 172
hard to pick one so I'll do a list, though it varies from day to day, depends on how I feel...

BANDS                                                GENRE

1.August Burns Red --------------------------- (Metalcore, the best in breed)
2.Bewteen The Buried And Me--------------(prog metal? just BTBAM)
3.Protest The Hero-------------------------------(Prog metal)            
4.Periphery------------------------------------------(prog metal/djent/etc)
5.Animals As Leaders---------------------------(prog metal/jazz fusion/max virtuosity)
6.Opeth------------------------------------------------(prog metal/ black metal/prog rock)
7.Deftones--------------------------------------------(alternative metal,experimental)
8.Enter Shikari--------------------------------------(post hardcore,electronic)
9.Veil of Maya--------------------------------------(Technical Death Metal)
10.The Fall Of Troy-------------------------------(post hardcore, progressive,mathcore)

that's roughly my top ten, again, it varies... bands that will always have a place in my heart are RHCP, Green Day and Iron Maiden, they are just how I got into music
dt880smile.png

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #103 of 172
In no particular order

Pink Floyd
Iron Maiden With Di Anno and Dickinson
Black Sabbath With Ozzy
Led Zeppelin
Dire Straits
Guns N' Roses
Deep Purple Mk II
Steve Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Jimi Hendrix

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #104 of 172
Based on my avatar, the one band that I will readily claim as my favorite is Tool and also Maynard's other project A Perfect Circle.  However, I do really enjoy a lot of other bands, more recently Oceansize, Amplifier or bands I grew up with like Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, and Alice in Chains. 

Dec 11, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #105 of 172
Though my favorite rock band ever is Pink Floyd I must take a bow in front of Rolling Stones.

Have you heard to the latest song titled "Doom and Gloom"?

These guys have being producing great hits for decades, while Pink Floyd had not been so constant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back